Would you

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by EricForman, Jul 28, 2019.

1. EricForman

EricForman Mellow Fellow & Jedi Knight

This might sound a little morbid or even creepy but let's say that hypothetically something were to happen with or to your significant other. Would you, for lack of a better phrase, put yourself back on the market or just call it quits for good? I have been giving this some thought and to be candid I tend to flip flop. So far btw nothing bad has happened in my relationship hence the emphasis on hypothetical situations.

Eric! and DrRainbow like this.
  2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Theoretically, a significant other is someone you can't imagine living without, but I'm sure Elizabeth Taylor and others would ask how you can imagine living your life without moving on. Who I will be in another three years is a rather pointless question to ponder unless the answers actually could be productive.

3. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

you tend to "flip flop" ?

i think it's a stupid thing to think about until it happens.

wilsjane and Eric! like this.
  4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I would call it. I say if it's a relationship you're truly invested in you can still love that person once they've gone on to a better place. And be totally fine with yourself.

5. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

This is a fair question actually .

I know a couple of guys who we bump into usually within our social circles on a Saturday night. Both of them have last their wives though ill health , with cancer being the scourge here . Both of them are just happy in enjoying female company including dancing on the night and then "handing " them back so to speak . I guess I would do the same although I have no shortage of admirers when seen out with the Mrs.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    Eric! likes this.
  6. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I moved on...as normal people do

GLENGLEN and morrow like this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Phew. It's an easy question I thought they was gonna ask like if my significant other die would I consider taxidermy her.

Of course, yes.

8. wooleeheron

Freeze drying them costs less, and doesn't require artistic talent.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  9. How much is in embalming fluid? And where is the place I could buy it?

10. wooleeheron

You can ask your local funeral parlor how much you need, but its just formaldehyde that will deprive your brain of oxygen in a sealed room, and you will need 7 quarts I believe. The brain is the important part, with the Egyptians removing it through the nose, because the human brain is rather soft and squishy and is the first thing to rot.

Rahab likes this.
  11. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I'm really attached to the women I have. Like cheesy "soul mate" stuff you see in movies. I've never had this experience with anyone else or a lot of good relationships in general. She says we are twin flames and I trust her judgement. Look up what a Twin Flame is if you are interested.

I can't replace this person. If she was dead I would just be alone.

GLENGLEN, Eric!, morrow and 1 other person like this.
  12. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I learned the term "twin flame" from a film.. But I cannot remember the damn thing.. Cafe something.. French.. She and you may enjoy it if you feel that type of romance. I'm envious. I hope you have a long life together.

13. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Bit more difficult question...

Would you taxidermy her and put her head on display at Irm's Swinger's Club?

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

No that would be disrespectful :(

15. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

I lost my first wife, the true love of my life, not to cancer or some other deadly force, but to stupidity. I didn't recognize her changing needs so she found them elsewhere. I tried to move on, meeting and dating women, some of whom came close but not close enough. Twenty years later I thought I had found "the one". Turns out it was a case of lust at first sight. It lasted two years and I was glad when I escaped! Fifteen years later I understand one only gets one real love. So I happily live alone, occasionally date but would never consider having another mate. But that's me, your millage may differ.

Eric! and Driftrue like this.
  16. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Gave up on this stuff long ago...

17. If it was the right person I wouldn't even consider it. If you find true love, I don't believe there is a replacement or that you'd want one. I think most people have half-assed love at best. But then again, most people aren't that passionate to begin with.

18. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Bicaptain, that's sweet. And what you say, Andy.

I kind of feel like I wish I was the more pragmatic people in this thread, but I don't think I am.

19. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Hypothetically speaking?

OMAG: "I never learned to speak hypotheticalā€¯

20. parua

parua Members

I'd try to sleep with every woman that would have me.

Eric! likes this.