Would YOU vote for RON PAUL

Discussion in 'Politics' started by p51mustang23, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p51mustang23

p51mustang23 Member

Sorry to make it 9 questions long, but it needs to be - Ron Paul is strange in that he has fans who are all over the political spectrum. I'd like to see mostly what liberals and moderates think of him, as some of his positions are actually very liberal (gay rights, end the wars, pro decrim for drugs).

What he stands for:

-Decriminalize all drugs, seriously consider legalization for some. :2thumbsup:
    -Ending the wars ASAP.
    -Ending / reducing the income tax. also ending the IRS
    -Ending the federal reserve system, because it makes the rich richer and everyone else poorer.
    -Switching the US dollar to a Gold / Silver standard, stabilizing it's value and ending the "hidden tax of inflation"
    -He is against abortion.
    -He is pro gay rights.
    -Give states full authority on education; no more federal money with harsh strings attached.
    -Shrink federal entitlement programs, he believes this is a right of the states.
    -Solve Immigration by denying illegals ALL benefits (ie. medicare, in-state tuition)
    -End military($$$) aid to Israel (and other countries). We give more money to Israels enemies than we do to Israel anyways.
    -End embargo on Cuba.
    -Reduced federal airport security, not needed because he will allow pilots to be armed (try hijacking that with a boxcutter/ knife!). Mostly wants to get rid of these high-def body scans.

2. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

But what do you men by liberal?

The right wing libertarian stance on such things it seems to me is they don’t care. They don’t care if someone is gay because that’s not important to them at the same time they don’t care if someone is discriminated against for being gay. As for drugs try reading -
    Rightwing libertarians and drugs
    http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=368871&f=36

Remember he is a fervent supporter of the John Birch Society which is an ultraconservative right wing organisation and promoter of dodgy conspiracy theories, (it believes President Eisenhower was a communist and wants to repeal civil rights legislation, which it sees as being Communist in inspiration).

Ron Paul said of them "The John Birch Society is a great patriotic organization featuring an educational program solidly based on constitutional principles. I congratulate the Society in this, its 50th year. I wish them continued success and endorse their untiring efforts to foster 'less government, more responsibility ... and with God's help ... a better world.'"

And he’s on records as saying that he doesn’t know how many positions they would have that he wouldn’t agree with.

3. p51mustang23

p51mustang23 Member

Every single libertarian I know is pro-civil rights, but staunchly against affirmative action. But affirmative action *is* discrimination itself.

Some libertarians don't like hiring-discrimination laws. Even at best, it just forces employers to do more interviews for people they won't hire anyways. Another-words, hiring discrimination is almost impossible to stop with legislation.

Lastly, the media portrays libertarians as being super right wing. Libertarianism occupies the area between liberal and conservative, but is markedly different from moderatism aka centrism.

The media also likes to paint us as conspiracy theorists, and anarchists. Thats like saying Republicans are fascist, or Democrats are communist.

As for the poll, "liberal" should mean roughly aligning with Democrat party.

4. Rocky and Trish

Rocky and Trish Member

5. yellowcab

yellowcab Fresh baked

6. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

He has no plan for preserving the environment, so I could never vote for him.

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

if i had only republicans (and libertarians) to choose among, i'd be strongly tempted to take him seriously. i saw on amy's thing, where he tried to say something honest in the teapeople debate and i AM impressed by that. of course, until he figures out the environment is where the air we breathe COMES FROM, that's as far as it goes.

8. ladylala

ladylala Member

Yes...and I am libertarian-leaning, not liberal or conservative.

9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Ron Paul is the only politician I have heard that doesn't talk from his ass. I don't support him, though, because I don't play the game of politics. Politicians will always be politicians, regardless of what they say and promise. If RP is the real deal, the establishment would never let him win. He says a lot of things that make sense from an inside-the-box perspective. Personally, I am beyond all this shit. Politics are designed strictly for the public's deception. Even if Ron Paul was to win and become the next president, would he even be able to carry out his objectives? Would the powers that be allow him to do things like abolish the Federal Reserve? Highly unlikely.

Bilby likes this.
  10. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Welcome back Rat, but please remember no conspiracy theory.

So what would be your alternative to ‘politics’?

11. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

So how is that a conspiracy theory? Most people fed up with the status quo would agree with me.... I think. I have seen several threads in here where people agree that RP is being ignored by the media. So if there is no conspiracy, then why does the media constantly promote Rick Perry and Mitt Romney as legitimate choices while hardly mentioning Ron Paul's name, even though he consistantly ranks high in the polls? Is John Stewart a conspiracy theorist, too?

I have no alternative to politics. I believe in no government, no money, no anything. But I also understand that would never work, unless you could somehow go back in time and start over, which of course is impossible. Unfortunately, much of the public are like battered wives dependent on their abusers. My vision would never work as things currently stand. Most people claim to want change, but they really want more of the same.

12. YoMama

YoMama Member

To me Ron Paul is the gauge of where middle ought to be.

13. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

Domestic Policy, I would definitely vote for Ron Paul. This guy is rock solid on the economy, and would have us all working in a couple of years.

Foreign policy, though, not so much. He wants to let Iran have the option to pursue nuclear weapons, what? We do need to drastically cut foreign aid, but not to zero. Israel needs our help and I don't want to think about what would happen if we were not supporting Israel and the Muzzies attacked them. We need to support Israel, and in exchange hopefully Mossad can give us good information about future potential terrorist attacks. Because Mossad is one of the strongest intelligence agencies in the world.

14. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

Also, I need to clarify my vote in the poll. I would never vote for Paul in the Primary Election because of his foreign policy. I think his foreign policy would lead to another attack by the Muzzies. But in the General, I absolutely would vote for him. Obama vs. Paul, not even a contest.

15. sunfighter

So, you think that letting polluters have their way with the environment is a wise, sustainable path? I think it would be extremely bad for the economy in the long run.

16. lode

lode Banned

I think he is more honest and sticks to his principles more than most politicians.

However, I find his principles daffy duck crazy. No way. Worst candidate I could imagine as a liberal.

17. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

I'm liberal and I'm behind Ron Paul 100% in 2012. He's the only politician I've ever seen who seems genuinely honest and who sticks to his views. He seems to me to be the only candidate who has any idea how to put the country back on the right track. It really threw me off when I discovered a politician whose words I could listen to and detect an actual sense of logical reasoning. It's astounding. I think he's one of the most respectable politician the country's seen in a long time.

18. sunfighter

So, you must think that protecting the environment is completely unimportant?

19. def zeppelin

def zeppelin All connected

I like his general ideas but I don't vote. If I did, I'd vote for him.

20. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

I don't place so much importance on the environment when it comes to politics. I feel like the government has its hands full trying to fix the economy and they've certainly got their hands full trying to fight a bunch of other countries wars for them. I think that if we could get these issues under control we might be more capable of doing good for the environment, and I think Paul has the best ideas in relation to these big problems that the country has driven itself into in the last century. Mind you, I don't disregard the fact that the environment is an issue, and I'm all for doing what we can to preserve it. I don't however, feel like it's the president or the federal government's responsibility when they're faced with other more pressing issues, issues that affect the american people on a day to day basis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.