Would You Rather Be Smart Or Attractive?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by Nerdanderthal, Nov 30, 2014.

?

Would you rather be top 1% IQ and 50% attractiveness or 1% attractiveness and 50% IQ?

1. Top 1% IQ, 50% attractiveness

30 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Top 1% Attractiveness, 50% IQ

12 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

The 100 meter champions are always black. Not because of genetic differences.
    The Nobel Science winners are always white. Not because of genetic differences.

You can't address any of my points. You are in denial, it's pathetic. You know there is overwhelming pressure to not acknowledge mental differences. The physical differences are more obvious to the eye but both are equally apparent if you're not doing egalitarian gymnastics.

I challenge you to a debate. We can do it over skype and post it online. "Are Rates of Violence and Race Related?" or "Do Some Races Have Higher Average Intelligence ("g") Than Others?"

I'll even let you form the premise if you like, but let's have an open debate. Unless you have no factual basis on which to make your claims, it should be a productive exchange of evidentiary claims.

2. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

*good lord*
    man are you thickheaded.

AS I ALREADY STATED SEVERAL FUCKING TIMES, WHY DON'T YOU GO BACK AND ADDRESS THE QUESTIONS AND CRITICISM TO YOUR ORIGINAL THREAD ON THIS TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or a mod could also delete all these as you are spamming the site with your racist bullshit.

3. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

You seem to be getting heated. Let's have a calm, cool, collected debate on skype so you can bring any and all specific criticisms up in real time. Then I'll be forced to confront them or look like an idiot! This seems like the best solution. That's what debates are for.

If you can only attack the man and have no ability to play the ball then you're going to suck in a debate. I'm extremely comfortable and confident in my ball skills. Let's debate and see who is on firm ground with their arguments.

4. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

It seems the kind of person you are attracted to most is yourself. He is saying this thread isn't the place to discuss it. Not because it is taboo but because it ain't fuckin germane.

1 person likes this.
  5. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

shuffle and dance, shuffle and dance......

go back to your original thread to discuss this where I and many others ALREADY ANSWERED YOU!

plus you never did touch on the topics in that thread title; wealth, violence and religiosity, you just used as a springboard to introduce your erroneous racist concepts.
    Same damn thing with this "attractive or smart" thread and the "taboo topics" thread.

Waiting to see how you incorporate your racism into the "political view game" because we all know it's coming. you generally seem rather obsessed with it.

Tell you what, the day my neighbors of different races start watering the lawn with Gatorade, I'll debate you on skype.

Mods, kill this spamming troll.

6. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

Yes! Yessssss let the censorship of discourse flow through you!

First, my debate challenge still stands.

I am very much so obsessed by the suppression of truth. It leads to the formation of bad public policy. It gets countries into wars. It allows pharmecutical companies to misguide and abuse people. If we were to face reality with unflinching determination we would instantly start to see creative solutions to some of these plaguing problems. There must be no areas of censorship as far as I'm concerned. No taboo topics, no sacred cows, no timidity in the face of damaging ego.

I attack religious dogma the same way I attack biological egalitarian gymnasts. I seek the truth, not preservation of ego. I'm always open to debate. I'm always open to new evidence. The politcal view thread is genuinely to see where people may differ with my viewpoints which I listed and to explore areas of disagreement. It serves a dual purpose in making public my thoroughly sensible outlook on a variety of issues. I want my perspective to be totally transparent. I hold no hatred in my heart, but I'm willing to offend in order to expose truth. We live in times where hurt feelings make for convincing arguments. Speak to any controversial issue in a room of 10 or more and you're guaranteed to offend. Does that mean contentious matters have no place in public forums?

So far you have proven yourself one who protects ego at all costs and upholds conversational restraints. These are barriers I'm determined to erode and that is why we are clashing. Trust me when I say if a member ventured onto any of these threads and started shouting "KILL ALL NAGGERS" we would be in agreement that he's a piece of shit and I would prefer that person not to exist.

Exploring areas of dissonance is crucial. That's where the progress is made. Ignore the egos, stick to the facts, circumvent the insults, and the truth will prevail.

7. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

I'll take up the debate if the topic be whether your observations are relevant.

et. all I'm yo huckleberry

Fact is any other subject to discuss with you become tediously boring. That is the prevailing truth.
    You are fine if you get to frame the argument for everyone but your argument needs to stand up to any resistance.
    You just keep getting shut down not by censors but by the fact that your positions are not generally attractive, keeping with some inkling of the spirit of this thread.

2 people like this.
  8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Just checked, neighbor is watering lawn with water, so no debate yet.
    sorry.

1 person likes this.
  9. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

There are problems on both sides. Intelligence doesn't equal happiness, it can often bring quite the opposite. On the other side, looks don't last. Highly attractive people are only highly attractive for a small fraction of their lifespan, unless they die in their 20's.

10. puggybear

puggybear stars may twinkle-but I shine!

Phew!

Is it ok to admit I'm thick AND ugly,so I have to rely on sympathy?

11. questionexist-ing

questionexist-ing Banned

However right now I'd say my intelligence outranks my attractiveness, it's a fairly well known fact (sadly) that more attractive women are treated better, and are more well off in life. It's not like you'd be outrageously stupid, just of very average intelligence.

12. volunteer_tommy

volunteer_tommy Elongated Member

I'm neither, but I seem to be able to convince some people I'm a witty and adorable person with decent looks anyway. Hey, I don't know what I'm doing to fool everyone, but if it works, I'm not complaining

13. Jenny40

Jenny40 Members

Smart. But I can see how vapid and shallow world we live in goes for attractive.

Would rather spend my life with a smart man. Looks fade, but I will always need the mental stimulus as input. Luckily I'm married to smart and good looking.

14. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

I'm smartly attractive.....

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

smart is more useful to me to be, because other things are more interesting to me then being social.
    for people in general, i think what has the most affect on what we all have to live with, is how considerate, or otherwise, we are of all things, including each other.

1 person likes this.
  16. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Personally, I find smart to be attractive.

17. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

I'd rather be smart. I think i happen to be fairly attractive but I'd probably trade some of it be even smarter than I am already.

18. iamjustme

iamjustme Wishful thinker HipForums Supporter

Why would I want to give something up?

19. *Mia*

*Mia* Members

I think it's better to be smart as then you'll find the way to make yourself attractive.

20. luv88

luv88 Members

I'll take both, thanks)