Would you let your children have dirty feet?

Discussion in 'Hip Communities' started by Zumba, Nov 15, 2021.

1. Zumba

Zumba Members

Are you for or against? How would it work with you?

2. Greylines

Greylines Members

its earth. as long as there are no open sores or cut on your kids feet they will be fine.

3. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

4. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Dirty feet comes with the territory - For me feeling the Earth beneath bare-footed -
    be it Grass, upload_2021-12-4_11-4-46.jpeg - Mud - [​IMG] -or Stone - upload_2021-12-4_11-7-7.jpeg - , gives a sense of Spirutual connection - although one must retain the credo of balance.

The refreshment of aqua flow provides another delight of feeling.
    upload_2021-12-4_11-8-48.jpeg - So in short - Yes for the moment - upload_2021-12-4_11-9-23.jpeg -
    - and No for a longevity

5. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

[​IMG] The shower foot brush works great after barefoot adventures even asphalt tar blackfoot gone , clean feet in 10 seconds. I thought I posted this already.

6. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

No problem with me - just clean up before you come back inside or as soon as you do.

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i would prefer them to wear something on their feet that would protect them from stepping on something that might kill them.

but i would be happy to let then learn and explore nature on their own.

don't worry. i would not have white carpets if that were what this is about.

never had kids though. never wanted to add to the bloat of human population.

8. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You go barefoot--then you wash 'em. Got stung by bees in the grass. Stepped on puncture vines. Crossed super hot streets in the summer. Lo and behold--I survived.

Jcinalco likes this.
  9. NookaTheNook

NookaTheNook Members

The dirtiest child has had the most fun day.

10. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Depends on where.
    out playing? Of course that’s part of it.
    Slippahs for stores, because those floors can be worse than sidewalks.

where my kiddo grew up, we had a lot of sidewalk trash issues. Needles, poop…well, not a barefoot zone if you wanted to be carefree, so slippahs there, too.
    Sharper rock areas were their call.

typically natural surfaces yes, humanmade were case by case.

11. Likewise.

scratcho likes this.
  12. DevonHeaven

DevonHeaven Members

One of my kids in particular just loves being barefoot. He will wear shoes for school and specific activities, but his default is barefoot. He is very particular about shoes and seamless socks when he must wear them. Often have to enforce foot scrubbing when he comes back in from the garden!

Todd56 likes this.
  13. OldAsDirt

OldAsDirt Members

When my kids were little and it was summertime, they ran around outside from morning until night, barefoot.

A bath for each before bed, and/or a freshening up with a tub soak for those dirty little piggies.

14. MartNorth

MartNorth Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Grew up on a farm, wore shoes doing most work but otherwise always had the belief it's a kids right to run barefoot, esp in mud puddles.

Dude111 likes this.
  15. Sean Tom

Sean Tom Members

Of course! They should experience going around barefoot and free. Once they get back to the house they’ll just have to wash off a little to avoid any bacterial infection or fungi. It’s a definite yes for me and my kids

Jcinalco likes this.
  16. twopeepsin1

twopeepsin1 Newbie

this is going to come off as being...and old get off my lawn man. What kind of question is this? Unless you live in a place that is so unsafe that bare feet are a health hazard such as someone said hypo needles, rattlesnakes scorpions etc...the default should be let them run barefoot. Some raised in the 80's and beyond do not know so many joys as helicopter parents worried about everything all day long. However they would not them run the neighborhood for fear of the boogie man but feed them 4 nights a week out of a drive thru window. Let them run barefoot, catch lightning bugs and bees by hand. If you have a drive in movie theater nearby take them in PJ's....curfew is when the street lights come on.

Jcinalco, Twogigahz and ~Zen~ like this.
  17. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Kids need to play in the dirt, it is a healthy thing to be exposed to the environment so our bodies can build the natural defenses we need later in life.

It's a proven fact.

Eating a bit of mud pie as a kid isn't going to ruin their life, but it may make for a magical photo moment to embarrass the kid when grown up :)

Jcinalco likes this.
  18. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

We used to play in coal dust as kids and I'm fie, fin, finne, alreight.

19. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

My late mother used to get really annoyed with me for eating the coal dust. It was far more tasty than a bag of sweets. :D

MeAgain likes this.
  20. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Feet are far easier to wash and dry than a pair of shoes. Even today, Jane and I slip our shoes off when we are hanging the washing out and the lawn is muddy or covered in the morning dew.