Would you eat Anencephaly meat?

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Vegan Joe, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

Is this really about anencephaly, or is this about whether or not people would be ethically opposed to eating already-brain-dead animals? I'm confused. Actually getting into an argument over how to breed cows without brains is kind of missing the point, imo, since it stands no real chance of ever being done.

2. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

It's clearly about braindead meat.

The latter was my exact intention.

As to it never being done.... what a stupid statement. I think it's very likely that mean will be, at some point, "farmed" without there even being an animal. Genetically engineering brainless, or virtually brainless meat is going to happen.

3. CandiiRainbow

CandiiRainbow Member

4. pipgirl

pipgirl Member

I wouldn't, but not because of the moral dilemma. If it's brain-dead, I don't see a problem. But it is still unhealthy. And I don't have any cravings for meat anymore anyway.

5. Joey Cid

Joey Cid Member

either way we feed livestock 41 million kg of grain a year and they produce about 7 million kg of meat per year. so that's 34 million kg of grain we could be feeding the starving world. these figures are only based on farms in the US. I realize the US is one of the largest consumers of meat, however imagine how much larger the number gap is for the whole world. so even these genetic engineered brain dead zombie cows would consume almost 6 times what they produce. If you can make that a one to one ratio im in. P.S. im not sure if its even possible to have a perfectly efficient digestive track. it doesn't seem logical to me. but i kept an open mind ppl once thought the earth was flat haha. Im hoping for an educated rebuttal, but trolls are fun