Would you do this?

Discussion in 'The Future' started by EroticaWriter, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Why is evolve in quotes? What do you mean by that? Because I'm not aware of any machine that can evolve, strictly speaking. The evolution of a computer all relies on human hands. As it is, we have no clue how to make a machine self-aware. It's not even on the drawing board. It's too far-fetched to even discuss seriously.

It doesn't have to lessen what we are, but don't expect people who want it to lessen who we are to understand that. Some already try to deny that consciousness even exists.

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

There may be multiple paths AI takes. In the past few years, research has been conducted with worm and bee brains to operate robots and drones respectively, so there is definitely a compulsion to represent the functions and capabilities of natural lifeforms.

With Machine Learning as a precursor or maybe even a template, I can definitely see something like what you are suggesting happening as well.

Driftrue likes this.
  3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

my former self in my previous life before being born on this earth, did do something rather like that.
    as does everyone who serves on the galactic council.

it means being on tap for future generations,
    it also makes attempted assassinations kind of pointless.

Driftrue likes this.
  4. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I don't mean a computer will evolve like a pokemon. Computers will be creating computers. A coming together of several different aspects of our creation, not decided or controlled by us, may create something we thought was un-creatable.