Would YOU Do This on The World Wide Web?..

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by MervyPervy, Apr 3, 2007.

1. MervyPervy

MervyPervy Member

Would YOU Do This on The World Wide Web?..

Would YOU Wear a LiVE WEBCAM on Your Head 24-7 like this guy Justin??.. see his live cam to believe it @ Justin.TV

I was totally amazed when I saw this on NBC Today..
    He actually has the cam on 24-7 on his cap.. when he goes to the bathroom, sleeps, eats and goes on dates..

it's the future for the Web..

::NEWS::
    On Monday 19th March 2007 a new webcam phenomenon known as Lifecasting was launched when Justin Kan from www.Justin.TV in San Francisco, switched on a live webcam attached to the side of his head. The mobile webcam transmits his life to the World, as seen through his eyes, every single minute of the day, 7 days a week.

Within the first 2 weeks,
    Justin TV had 1 million viewers,
    all watching what it is like to be Justin for a day, a week, and many months and maybe years to come. During the first 14 days, www.Justin.TV became one of the fastest growing websites in the World, according to the Alexa World Website Rankings, with a ranking of No.35,620 of over 40 million websites.

Justin.TV is destined to become a house hold name, based on the theory that people like watching people, as proven by the World wide success of the Big Brother reality TV series. The 23 year old Yale graduate generally goes about his life as he would normally, including eating, sleeping, going to the bathroom and working at the Justin TV office situated in his 2 bedroom San Francisco apartment, with Emmett, Kyle and Michael.

2. sentient

sentient Senior Member

Yeah if I thought NBC would sit up and take notice and then the BBC and a whole shedload of other media centres with 1/2 the worlds population watching them, and you know what I can bet you now he has already signed a multimillion dollar cotract or in the process of it to air the stuff simultaneously on tv - either that or some TV network will rip his idea right off

3. Adderall_Assasin

Adderall_Assasin Senior Member

that is some crazy stuff. idk if i could do it... unless i was paid enough. heh, of coarse. my life is lame though. work on cars, go to class, play on computers, girlfriend...

4. sentient

sentient Senior Member

wow, compared to the other geeks here (including me), it sounds like you've got a life, how did you manage that along with the business of setting up networks. If these computers werent so damned interesting I too could have a life but they just keep sucking me back in every time I try to escape

5. Adderall_Assasin

Adderall_Assasin Senior Member

compueters do indeed suck up time. and so do cars...

well, i currently am unemployed but i need to find a job soon. i am living off my savings and some hard luck. i worked full time for years to do thid while i'm in college but i just didnt save enough. then i had a crap cooking job that i lost because i couldnt cook... bah.

if i was camera-ed everyday, the best parts would be where i am working on one of my cars and i start cursing.