Would you consider plastic surgery?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by la Principessa, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

If I had a pile of money, I'd get that "Life Style Lift" that Debbie Boone sings/advertises for.

I realize aging is a natural part of life, but geez...those women (on the commercials) look the same but better x 100!

Aging gracefully with Debbie. :)

2. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Lol count me in.

3. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

Veneers for my teeth and a nose job.

4. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Fortunately I am completely perfect : )

However, if ever I wasn't, I'd have whatever sorted without even thinking for more than a second.

When you think how much people spend on their homes, cars, clothes, why don't they care more about *themselves*.

There's rubbish surgery and good surgery. For instance, I think people should think of exercise and natural looking stuff, in keeping with their natural appearance. And also prevent things like skin damage, rather than cause it. But definitely defects/ injury based stuff should be treated like any other illness. I reckon over the new few decades, surgery will become as normal as redoing your house, for many people.

Infact, I remmeber in my school, there was a girl who would be beautiful if not for her nose. Now gluttonous fat people can get free surgery on the National Health, but she could not. To me, that is ridiculously wrong.

5. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

I've had two procedures.

It made me prettier & my quality of life was enhanced as a result.

6. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

What did you have?

7. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Yeah, I would like a penis ensmallment.

8. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

First one is a grey area, I had a really bad case of pectus carinatum, so had surgery to correct it. Because it was just a deformity in the ribcage (Too much cartilage was forcing the sternum outwards) it was considered "cosmetic" and not covered by the health system so we had to do it privately. Cost about $16,000 I think. I'm fucking lucky because the surgeon who performed it is the only surgeon in the entire country that does the procedure, and he's an immigrant. So if he'd chosen anywhere else I woulda been shit outta luck.

Second was on my ears. They were all sticky-outy and now they're just normal. Getting that done sucked because it was just local anaesthetic so I was awake, and while there was no pain I could hear and feel the scraping of the cartilage in my head. Eugh still makes me shudder. Worth it though.

9. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

They said they had me under local anesthesia for the surgery I had and the surgeon and anesthesiologist claimed they had a great conversation with me, but I recall none of that except one or two moments of brief lucidity in the middle of the procedure and one as they were cleaning up and getting me ready to be rolled into recovery. To this day (it's now been 9 years and 9 days exactly), I still wonder what the fuck I told those guys. I was apparently a real lightweight.

10. Sassygurl

Sassygurl Member

If I could, I would get a boob job. I wouild love to be a full C.

11. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

My daughter has a birthmark on her face that I hope she never wants removed, because it will leave a scar and then people will wonder what happened to her, as opposed to just seeing a birthmark.

That's just about enough of that. :D

12. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

Oh yeah I had a mole on my chin when I was a kid. Now I have a badass scar.

13. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Actually, they might be able to do more than one surgery on it, reducing the scarring by a large amount. We were given the option of two surgeries to reduce the scarring on my back, but I didn't want my dad to have to worry about money any more than he already had. It's a pretty cool scar, too. But if it had been on my face, I would have definitely opted for the two surgery option.

14. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

we all think we could change or improve ourselves

but it's daunting to me how people can actually go through with it.

i am me n all that.

15. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

^True. I've never had surgery before so I'm not sure even if I had the money that I could go through with it. I'd probably just buy better lingerie instead of boobs :D

16. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

Upload a boob pic & let us judge ^_^

17. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Probably not. I have had to have procedures and those have been enough to deal with and heal from.

Aging is really not so bad at all and I think I have earned my wrinkles. :)

I honestly have no issue with someone wanting to have it done, their body and life.

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i would consider cosmetic recombinant genetics if it existed yet, could extend my life, AND make me a real furry. complete with FUNCTIONAL tail, retractable claws, genuine cat face, but an even bigger and more capable brain.

but surgical proceedures? nyet.

19. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

Wouldn't really. Waste of money imo. Just try to accept what you have got.

20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

No, I finally got used to my face :p Only after an accident I guess. I try not to judge people that had plastic surgery for cosmetic reasons but can't help doing it at first instance. Unfortunately I can't help but pity women with too big fake boobs/obvious standardized lips. They look pathetic to me both in their appearance and most often also in their behaviour.