Would you consider plastic surgery?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by la Principessa, Jun 29, 2013.

1. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I personally think that most of the people who get plastic surgery aside from reconstruction from injuries or burns really don't need it.

But if you got plastic surgery, what would you get?

2. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I am not aganst it at all, if it's not overdone.
    However, at the moment, I wouldn't get anything.

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I wouldnt do any

if i could afford it id go for complete dental make over though...id love to have perfect white teeth even if they were just fake veneers

4. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

If I was going to have plastic surgery, I would get my nose done.

5. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

Ive always wanted a nose job tho I constantly hear that I don't need one when I bring it up. However there is a slight bump on my nose that rly comes out in pictures at certain angles that I would LOVE to get rid of! Most ppl who get work done around here in Miami definitely don't need it. When I used to live in the north part of Miami in Aventura, where plastic surgery is very common, I remember getting flyers & coupons for all different kinds of plastic surgery in the mail constantly.

6. AngelAus

AngelAus Member

I agree with op.

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I would never get it.

8. acuarela

acuarela Member

I don't think so.

It's funny because one of my friends always asks me will you judge me if I get hair extensions? will you judge me if I get the permanent eyelash extension? I think it all started after I told her that she didn't need to get a spray tan. I don't like fake things, but I'm ok with other people doing it.

9. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

Spray tans are jut all wrong IMO. Although I have seen some pretty convincing ones, at some point or another it's gonna scream 'Fake'!

10. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I wouldn't but I understand women wanting breast lifts and face lifts when they start aging.

The breasts don't look so bad until you're unclothed.

The face, on the other hand isn't something you can only reveal when you want to. The most trying thing, for me, to deal with is looking in the mirror and seeing the jaw line starting to droop a little.

I'll take it as a gentle reminder (like I do my gray hairs) that youth is not permanent, life is fleeting, and to enjoy it's sweetness everyday.

11. la Principessa

If they came up with a better way to make breasts not to look fake, I would maaayybe consider a boob job. I was just a C cup until I lost a bit of weight and now I'm a B cup. I'd love to have full Cs, but I'd be pretty okay just keeping mine.

12. la Principessa

I'm not against it either. I just see so many celebrities who get a few things done and then they get really carried away. It's sad when you see what they turn themselves into when they looked fine before. Insecurity does terrible things to people.

13. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I would really only consider reconstructive surgery. My cousin's daughter died on the table having liposuction (or something else to do with weight loss, it wasn't exactly announced) not long ago. Pretty scary.

I'd love a breast lift if someone could just wave their magic wand.

14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I'd wave my wand at your breasts :tongue:

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

just reconstructive. i'm way too hot to want to change anything else.

16. browning

browning Member

only to play with my own tatas

17. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

If I had an astronomical amount of expendable income, I might consider plastic surgery as I age. Because I have my doubts this will ever be the case, I have a lot of other interests I would rather spend my money on.

18. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

I just had a big bowl of ice cream so maybe suck a little fat from around my belly so I can have some more

19. NaedBHF

NaedBHF Member

Currently I am not interested in any plastic surgery.
    If we are counting dental work - yeah, I could always spend more money making my teeth perfect.

20. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I actually could use reconstructive surgery on my left ear, as it keeps me from using a lot of things shaped for the average human ear (certain headphones/earbuds, things like that) because I was born without cartilage in the top of it. But I just know what I can and can't use and just work with it. I think it's kinda cute, and it's definitely part of who I am, so I think I'll keep it.

I had a humongo birthmark (a 3rd nipple in fact!) removed from my lower back at 17. The insurance company tried to claim it was cosmetic until my dad pointed out my surgeon was an oncologist and the surgery was recommended. Anyway, I'd like to show them my scar and see how much they want to call it cosmetic now.