would you buy your 8yr kid a BBgun and let them roam the streets with it?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by deleted, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deleted

deleted Visitor

this parent is a goof. in fact shes not even the childs real parent, shes the grandmother guardian, just like her daughter on hard drugs as often as possible. The father died of a heroin OD.. This kid sad to say but the truth already has a prison cell waiting for him. The police have been at this residence a number of time. Only this past week now 3 times. With this included. once the kid was throwing rocks at buses on the bus way, the other time more rocks being thrown at construction workers almost hitting one in the head. now the dumb bitch BUYS him a BB gun.. there has to be crack rocks in her fucking head..
    I have not seen her, but i too will tell her, shes a fucking idiot..

2. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

In that type of a situation, as wrong as this kid(s) were for doing it, it is apparent that the problem is not just the kid(s). What chance then does a child have to not end up being in trouble when those that should be raising them are not. :(

Sad situation.

3. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

back in the early 80's my brothers and all their friends got bb guns. i stayed in the house all that week, until the inevitable injury and then all the guns were taken away and we were free to play again.

dave used to have one, but he was out in the boonies. i suppose it depends on the child and the situation.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

I got 50 bucks that says the child will be here, before the end of the summer..

[​IMG]

5. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Will you be hedging your bet?

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

I could bet the grandma goes too, to some other form of rehabilitation.. like her daughter 1000 times that does no good... Waste of tax dollars..
    srsly Id wish they would both find an overdose somewhere..

7. thedope

Gonna let the chips fall where they may.

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

as long as none of my property has bb hole in it.. house, car. i might just get mad.. shoot my dog .. you better have hospitalization..

9. thedope

Could find the pinhead and big brother him but that might cost you the fifty.

10. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Did not read thread.

If you mean airsoft, it's quite a fun game. but I would not let small children play it. And running around outside the designated area of play is stupid, you'll get shot with, you know, lead....

11. RiffRaff

RiffRaff Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Learning how to handle a gun is a big responsibility. No, I would allow him/her to take a bb gun around the neighborhood. Only on suppervised outings. I would teach him gun safety always.

12. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Some BB guns pack a wallop. Try one on a telephone book. They can easily kill someone.

A young teen in my area was killed by one. Some jerk about 18 in a car shot him in the back while he wasn't looking just to be stupid. The BB went through his back and his lung and killed him.

The police caught the guy thanks to some surveillance video in the area.

13. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Forgot to mention that my neighbor was shot in the back of the leg by a BB gun. A group of kids around 13 used to hang out in the area. Apparently, they shot her as she was walking away from them. Again, just to be stupid. It screwed up her leg for about a year.

Also, that same lady years earlier bought a BB gun for her son who was about 8 at the time and had never had a gun before. Within a week, a window of the house next to them was shot out by a BB and the police showed up and questioned the mother and son.

14. wowhendrix1

wowhendrix1 Member

no,wait till there about 12 maybe and get them an airsoft gun that has plastic bullets. ive been arrested for shooting my dad with a bb gun before,i got charged with felony domestic battery with a deadly weapon.

15. CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer Member

Absolutley not! they would go around shooting people and animals and flowers and mailboxes and trees and car tires and.....get my point??? It's irresponsible in my opinion

Eric! likes this.
  16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

never having had a kid of my own, i wouldn't presume to surmise the consequences of someone else's context. much depends though on where we lived. and how responsible the young person had demonstrated the capacity to be.

my own inclination would not be to encourage an affinity toward even the concept of lethal force. but then my own inclination would not be to live in a city either.

living out in the country, where i grew up, being able to hit a target from a distance, was not a contest of intimidation, but an amusing, if seldom useful, wilderness skill.

17. xcandykidx

xcandykidx Member

they might wander off and run into people with real guns..

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

that would only happen during the first week of huntin' season, when everybody that lives out there stays home and closes the bullet proof shutters anyway.

19. Ivana13

Ivana13 Member

I would have to say ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I'm a mean mum lol, .. if my kid got up to 1/4 of the shit I have I would freak out and have to kick his arse.

20. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

No- no guns in my home -
    - if the kid (he,s getting close to 30 now) moves out> (oh when oh when??)
    He can do what he wants, but I hope I taught him well- of his fathers hell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.