Would They Welcome Me in the Future?

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Jimbee68, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I often think a lot about time travel. Not likely to be in my life time. So just mental exercises.

But if I could go to the future, would they welcome me?

Just think of someone from the 18th or even the 19th century coming to our time. They'd need a social security card to say nothing of a bath.

I have noticed every year a multiple of 80 is the beginning of a political movement. 90's are when these movements come to their full fruition. Year 2880 A.D. is divisible by both 80 and 90, as fate would have it. If I could maybe I would travel to then.

What do the rest of you think?

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

2. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

People in the past didn't think they were in the past. And the past really did exist. There was a futurist movement in the 1920's. Just look at some of the design. The past is falsely historicised and romanticised. The atmosphere of the World changes according to material reality, in terms of vibes, emotional feedback loops and temperament of the people. I believe we need a spiritual renaissance. The Earth itself is not inert. It reacts and vibrates to the frequencies of consciousness. It's not a fait accompli yet. There is much darkness, but also much that is hopeful. I believe we are headed towards an increasingly split World in many respects. The problem is no one person can take the pressure. We'll have to see how things pan out and to a large extent "let God deal with it."

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Enjoy...

[​IMG]

Irminsul likes this.
  4. They wouldn't welcome you. They'll only welcome me. In fact they're going to resurrect me in the future (and only me) so that I can experience life without idiots, because they know who I am now and they pity me.

Irminsul likes this.
  5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

are you from the past? that might explain some of your weird threads.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If Jesus showed up now he'd be in jail by next week.

scratcho likes this.
  7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

kinda depends on which they and what future, also little details like where in the universe, what planet of what solar system.

i think if you show up after the extinction of your species they'd feel sorry for you. if they didn't eat you first. then they'd eat you. j/k.
    but i don't think being welcomed or unwelcome would be the major problem.

but then again, i guess that's pretty much on how i look at things.
    it might take you a while to get used to how things are.

that's the main thing. most of what you've learned living in this world at this time, or at least a lot of it, would be almost totally useless to you.
    just keep in mind logic, consideration and honest intentions, and that things like imagination and strangeness are more welcome then aggressiveness or even productivity.

well even that depends on where you are. basically you're looking at indipendent villages with tiny populations,
    though in many ways a higher standard of technology, though in others that may not be visible.

technologies will advance, but in totally different ways then expected.
    people, wall aside from being a tiny fraction of today's population,
    don't expect them to look very much like anything you consider human.

i'll tell you what won't be welcome; thoughtlessness and environmental ignorance,
    not with the scars of the ecopocalypse still visible everywhere
    and the famines and deseases to which nearly everyone living lost their grandparents
    and some of the older ones even their own parents and their parent's siblings.

also, how you arriving? as a new born infant after having been dead for millinia, or by tardis?

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

trees grow back quicker then that. either they do, or there's no stumps and no oxygen.
    either way, anyone who would still be shooting at each other will be long gone.
    either growin past that stage, or extinct.

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

totally depends on which they, any what you expect of them and of yourself.
    the human mind resists lack of diversity, and its a survival trait for the species for it to do so.
    and if the species becomes extinct, there are still several possible 'they's' who to varying degrees might or might not.

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the future is crsp-r. but it needs to be controlled by furrys and not the military.

being accepted depends on your own acceptance of what you don't expect.
    that goes for whichever direction you travel in time or space.

11. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

At the current rate of social progress, they will welcome you with open and arms and, then, graciously shove you in the ovens for being genetically inferior.

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

the future is now. i mean, since this thread is several months old.

my guess is that they would try to welcome OP in the future, but he would ask a weird question to start a conversation and then refuse to ever speak again until he asks another weird question to start another conversation that he wouldn't reply to.

themnax likes this.
  13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

if anything human is still around in another couple of hundred years, they'd probably want to dissect the brain of anyone from our era,
    to see how it was possible for anyone to be so completely,
    well words like stupid and illogical fall short of doing it justice.
    (blind? shortsighted? desensitized by short term greed?)

not individually necessarily, but culturally.

as for 18th century, that's recent enough, even without the fun toys we've had since,
    but anyone from the 15th or before, would become someone's theses project.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

as the meek who will have inherited the earth will have pointy ears and fluffy tails,
    it will depend entirely on how well you are able to accept the idea of they're being people.
    not just people, but THE people. as anything resembling today's humans will have long since become extinct.

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the future is the rusting hulk of the last automobile.
    and a catlike humanoid, with a spear, that is just a long straight branch with a point on one end,
    gripped in one forepaw, staring quizically at it.

or maybe a friendly archiology team from another world exploring it.

welcome the op?
    perhaps much the same as we might welcome any other curious but simple creature.

if he were to show up right while everyone was dying, from the plagues and malnutrition that are the heritage of our mistreatement of the environment,
    and declared himself to be of our era, and anyone was able to care enough to listen,
    well i just wouldn't advise doing that.