Would the assasination of Bush/Cheney help our country?

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Incubus, May 11, 2004.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Mui,
    You, of course, are excused from this thread. You may go to the library to research peaceful ways of revolution...

2. Megara

Megara Banned

*checks his calender* Hrm, not april 1st...i hope you were joking.

3. Megara

Megara Banned

Your hatred for the US is clogging your brain. You should review a thing called a "history book." Democracies declare war as frequent if not MORE frequent than any other form of government. From Athens, To england to America.

4. Mui

Mui Senior Member

you still think we live in a democracy? This is not a democracy... this is a republic

5. whichaxe

whichaxe Member

To clarify... a democracy is where the people directly elect their leaders by direct election.

The USA is a republic - and more to the point, an oligarchy (taking into account that a corporation is a legal entity). The USA federal elections have only the appearance of choice. But really, you are only choosing between the most photogenic of two opposing parties.

To ascend to the position of being a candidate - you need to have almost unlimited financial resources. That cuts down the choice even more. There are only a handful of people in the US that have that type of resource...and they are usually coporate heads, bankers.... This is oligarchy, rule by the few elite rich. And it's amazing how a little money in the hand can change the outlook of a voter.

Shit, we don't even have a direct vote of our two non-choices... the electoral college does that for us... And do any of those square states in the mid-west have a choice... not with that few electoral votes they don't.

And finally - even a popular vote is thrown out when push comes to shove - i.e. presidents bush's election via the supreme court; they ignored the popular vote.

And history.... "History is written by those who have hanged heroes"

6. skip

Personally, I would prefer to see Bush, Cheney & Rumsfeld be brought up on the following charges at the International Criminal Court (which treaty the US has refused to sign and undermined at every opportunity).

I hereby charge those mentioned above to:

Crimes against humanity -

The invasion of Iraq on false pretenses

The murder of thousands of innocent Iraqi citizens

The use of proscribed weapons upon civilian populations (eg. cluster bombs)

Violation of the Geneva Convention on Prisoners of War

Indefinite, illegal detentions outside US jurisdictions without access to legal counsel

Inhumane, humiliating torture and murder of those being held in custody

Incompetence in the days leading up to 9/11

Incompetence on the part of the management of US intelligence agencies

Blatant conflicts of interests. Example: The ongoing rip-off of American taxpayers while Cheney's company & the oil fat cats rake in Billions of extra income while Cheney is still on their payroll.

Acting against the best interests of the American people by favoring oil interests over all other matters in foreign policy.

Alienating all American allies and insulting those who did not play along.

The list goes on & on... (what's your charges?)

Why aren't Americans demanding their leaders be held accountable. Why are the perpetrators of these atrocities STILL IN POWER?

7. Megara

Megara Banned

you people with your nitpicking are really stretching. We are technically a "democratic republic." No country has a "real democracy." However, the American Republic and other parliamentarian systems fall under what we all call "democracy." Democracy is just a euphemism(sp?) for people having the right to vote.

8. Megara

Megara Banned

Once again your facts are wrong. Bill clinton signed the ICC, but didnt submit it to congress because he knew it wouldnt pass. It has been signed, but not ratified. Clintons justification for signing it without any intention of ratifying it was so that we could correct the inherent problems with the ICC.

9. skip

I think it's far better to have an International Trial that would symbolically put American policy & values on trial. These things need to be confronted on the world stage and dealt with or they will result in the death of us all.

10. Megara

Megara Banned

then give the 5 UNSC members a permanent judge position and force all decisions to be unanimous. Otherwise, we arent going to subject ourself to a witch hunt or politically bias people. We can try our own war criminals.

11. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

War Crimes are crimes committed in the international arena not domestically. The track record of judging one's own is piss poor im afraid and the jurisdiction for trans-national crimes is rightly an international tribunal.

At the national level that is the is only position which remains consistent to the principles of "the rule of law".

12. skip

Why? That seems UNfair to me. Those 5 countries already have disproportionate power on the world stage and the ICC serves to keep them in check cause it seems they can't even keep themselves in check.

Does the US Supreme Court have to be unanimous in it's decisions? If so Bush would NOT be president right now.

Where do you or America get off making such demands? You are no longer the biggest kid on the block (the EU is bigger, China will soon be). Get used to being a third rate country, and your problems will be third rate too.

13. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Skip for President in 2008! That is assuming we havent smashed the state by then... Skip is like... Uber genious...

14. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Opps posted before saying the other bit. Ok so we forcefully remove the leaders of this country to have a better nation.... One question.... Did it work in Iraq? 4 or 5 are opposed to the ocupation now :D

15. skip

DarkLunacy, I guess you could describe the US as being occupied as well at present! After all we didn't elect this wanna-be cowboy. He stole power along with his cohorts. May they one day rot in prison along with Kenneth Lay and all the greedy capitalists who rip off the people!

16. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

Sadly, Skip, we're more likely to see them all handed cozy directorships along with with Bush Sr. in the Carlyle Group than we are to see them suffer any prison time for their wanton treachery and war crimes.

17. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

jesuswasamonkey said
    Spoken like a true "jesus."

I also cannot support any assasinations. It solves nothing (as there are many just like him waiting in the wings) what are you going to do, assasinate everyone you don't agree with? A Right Wing solution, if I ever saw one.

18. Megara

Megara Banned

Because we arent going to hand over our sovereignty for witch hunts.

the EU is bigger? in population. Not in military or economy. I am sorry, but the EU is still a long, long way from supplanting the US as a world power. You will have to destroy your little enclave of peace that America created for you in order to do so. But thats your choice. Maybe you guys can learn to be civil without america on your continent. Maybe you can fight your own wars instead of us having to to constantly come to the rescue. Hell, you guys couldnt even handle BOSNIA. That has to be the biggest embarrassment in European history. You couldnt mobilize to fight a war on your own continent! Protect yourself and stop leeching off of america.

19. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

I don't think assassination would be a good idea, because who knows, Bushy could be a cool guy in real life (meaning when he's not in office and wearing those square-shouldered suits) but I doubt it. He's been corrupted. Either way, everyone has the right to live. Even dickwad leaders.

When I first learned that the Electoral College existed, I was appalled because schools had been brainwashing me into thinking that "one vote can make a difference!" Assholes. They take our right to vote and twist it so it becomes a trivial matter. *sigh*

Yeah, but anyway, PROTEST is definitely better than assassination (haha, I, being rather immature and easily amused, just realised that the word "ass" occurs twice in "assassination". wow.). I must write that scathing letter that I have been meaning to write to some higher-up. Not the president. I wrote to him once when I was 10 YEARS OLD and bitched at him about something I didn't even know shit about, and all I got in return was some stupid generic letter to kids, saying stuff like "KEEP READING!"... grr.

20. skip

"Because we arent going to hand over our sovereignty for witch hunts"

Oh, you mean like you JUST FORCED IRAQ TO DO!

Do unto others... Or aren't you Xtian like the rest?

"EU is still a long, long way from supplanting the US as a world power."

Uh, the US has ceased to be an effective world power. You just haven't realized it yet.

"Protect yourself and stop leeching off of america."

I think you got it backwards...

No?

Then start using YOUR OWN OIL, and leave the rest to the rest.