Would date someone with a history of mental illness?

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by Adamskiffle, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Yes, no, maybe? What say you?

2. BCG420

BCG420 Members

I dated a girl for a few months that was taking medication for mental illness I didn't know it at the time but I soon found out.

The doctor changed her medication apparently and she went from being very sweet and attentive to a totally different person.

I couldn't handle her mood swings.

3. MagicLettuce

MagicLettuce Members

I am.

When I met her I had no idea she had any mental health issues going on. She didn’t hide it from me, which I respected.

We have now been together 6 years and married for 3. Mental health requires patience and understanding from the opposite person. If you aren’t able to take care of the person you love, by holding them when they are at their worst then that relationship is not for you.

It can be irradiated to a certain extent, my wife was on 20mg when we first started seeing each other, then 10mg, then 5mg and now nothing for about 3-4 years. And she now very rarely has any type of panic attacks or issues.

My Wife constantly tells me I saved her life.

Playtime72, Sillysweet and BCG420 like this.
  4. Just for fun

Just for fun Live your best life

FUCK NO. The trick is to discover the fucking hidden illness which has not been obvious. And find it quick before you make any commitments.

5. loveslovely

loveslovely Members

no i wouldn't but ill advised that person to get help and see a therapist but i also still stick by that person side for support

6. Just for fun

that usually sets them off

7. loveslovely

loveslovely Members

yes thats true but i cant help but be there for the person i dont like to see nobody go through anything alone

8. Playtime72

Playtime72 Members

There's no point in worrying about their mental state if they're just a quick fuck. If you tap that and fall in love...you better be willing to love and support just as they will for you.

9. lostinitall

lostinitall Members

would I ??? i attract crazy like strippers to a dollar.... n i'm talking like there just bitches... i mean there's like 7-8 people living in one skull... i'm a magnet for that

10. Fireballs469

Fireballs469 Members

Only to get laid, without revealing any personal information about myself. I've had too much experience with mentally ill people, to have any kind of serious relationship with them. I used to work in a psych unit in a hospital.

11. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

I have a history. Thanks to my childhood. I made a post about it a while ago in one of the sub forums. My wife supports me 110% and she knows when I feel down. So she helps out by being there for me. Out in public. Certain things will trigger me that she'll have to pull me away. The biggest trigger is feeling trapped by being surrounded by other people while I'm in a store looking for something. Another is when someone blocks my way of exit. I get very very uneasy.

12. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

Not again. once was more then enough. When she snapped, She started to throw every kitchen knife that she could get her hands on. Using a sofa cushion to protect myself I batted everyone away . When she ran out of things to throw at me she stormed out of the door and left. To this day I have no idea what tripped her off on her rant. I was warned by her sister and I just dismissed it. I am sorry that I did not pay attention to her warning. After that I installed sensor flood lights and changed the locks on the house. I also installed a driveway warning detector. Over did it ? Maybe. But I was not going to take any chances.

Fireballs469 likes this.
  13. Just for fun

Here is crazy. If I came home 20 minutes late from work she would smell my dick and make me cum to see if I had sex with someone else. Thats just the tip of the iceberg. Fucking wack job but gave the best head. Go figure.

14. NaturalDreams

NaturalDreams Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My ex had some pretty serious mental health issues that we tried to deal with, it ended up being a losing battle. We're still friends but longer no together. If I was to go down a similar road again with some else that someone else would have to be willing to work on her own issues and I'd do my best to help. In any case the best thing to do is always do your best to be understanding and loving.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021