Would anyone be willing to teach me about Wicca?

Discussion in 'Paganism' started by Sugarmagnolia_, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Sugarmagnolia_

Sugarmagnolia_ member

I want to learn and practice but there are so many conflicting ideas and sources that I have no idea to think and I haven't anyone in my life to guide me.

2. Happy Art Girl

Happy Art Girl Member

Hi Sugarmagnolia, I would highly recommend reading some books on the subject to start with. There are absoloutely tons of books about Wicca, and Paganism in general. I started by reading Pagan Paths by Pete Jennings, that was a great introduction to me, and The Everything Paganism Book by Selene Silverwind. For Wicca specifically, I like Scott Cunninham's books, you could start with his Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner, and move on to his following book Living Wicca: A Further Guide for the Solitary Practitioner.

There are many conflicting ideas and sources out there, I think because there are many different ideas from different people, but also what suits one person doesn't necessarily suit another. Read various books, see what feels right for you, and I am sure you will find your way on the right path for you. It's very overwhelming at first, so try to take your studying in little bitesize chunks. Maybe write down in a journal things you like and want to remember, a bit like a Book Of Shadows. Just keep snippets, notes and ideas of things that appeal to you, a bit like a scrapbook. Your knowledge will build and you will get there.

Good Luck, and Happy Learning! :)

3. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

If you feel you'd like some support I'd be happy to guide you. If you want to chat just drop me a message and we can discuss your objectives.

BB

Shayla x

4. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

I hope those liars and killers are having as much fun as us WIcca people.

5. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

As a solitary practitioner or a member of a coven? What liars and killers are you referring to?

6. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

8. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

Who knows :confused:
    They sound incredibly angry, perhaps it's the result of a negative experience:(

Sx