Worst Towns and Cities in Britain

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by J0hn, May 25, 2007.

1. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

morecambe is a right shithole man ......dont go paddling in the sea there like unless yer want yer feet to light up "close to a nuclear plant up the road in heysham .

2. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

Morecambe is like death on the beach. GO out a little and then that is it, the surge of the great poseidon gobbles up people, cut them off from the mainland. This stretch of bay has to be the most dangerous. Even on a clear day, distance can be deceptive,.I think they should put a large brick wall and barbed wire to stop people from going on the bay.

3. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

am sure at one time it must av been a nice resort town " remember as a kid they used to have a fair called frontier land (a bit on the scale as rhyl ) think there was also a pier .......yeah man a nice postcard town .......unfortunatley that fuckin nuclear eyesore and whatever other sores one might pick up around their coz of that nuclear spewfuck up the road in heysham fucked morecambe up man .

4. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

Another worst town which is up the road is a place called Catford.

Okey, picture this; a little Town that has been frozen in time. It is practically the same as it was in 1986, when mel and kim were taking the charts by storm and when fashion plunged from worse to tacky. Twenty one years later and the town looks as tacky as it did back in the 80's. There is a massive girotory roundabout and smack in the centre is Eros House. Also there opposite is the notorious Milford Towers estate. If you have ever been inside you will smell urine in the lifts and see blood stains on the walls where a brawl took place between two neighbours last weekend. Everyone on the estate wants to escape but unfortunately many are let down by the housing waiting lists.

Anyway Rushey Green is a long and busy road which connects up to the horrible a205 and then joins up to Bromley road. Busy road. Nearly impossible to cross.

catford is in stark contrast to everywhere else. It is like some town you would see on a charity appeal. Then you have the pigeons. Their acid droppings fall from the heavens and bomb pedestrians below. Once you have been bombed and manage to get a 208 bus toward the hospital and beyond to its final terminus. You discover how much better lewisham is than catford. Actually I do go to catford. The shops are all crap and even Tesco is more expensive than the one in Lewisham. Spark min water tesco value. 21 pence in catford. but a mere 17 pence in lewisham. Catford has no potential, it is a lowly town with no prospects, frozen in time and without any vision for the future. I give Catford a 1/10 The 1 being that actually the train station is brilliant and the buses out of Catford are punctual.

5. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

[​IMG]Last Updated: Friday, 30 September 2005, 04:17 GMT 05:17 UK [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Missing girl is found dismembered

[​IMG] Forensic experts have left the flats with evidence bags

The dismembered body of a missing teenager has been found dumped near a stairwell on a housing estate. Officers found the body of Rochelle Holness, 15, at Milford Towers, Catford, south London, on Wednesday. It is thought she had been abducted. Police were alerted by ambulance crews who had been called to reports a man had injured himself. Police found body parts in bin bags outside the flats.

6. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

Oi Leicester is a nice place. It most deffinitly does not deserve to be on the list.

7. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

what are housing waiting lists, JOhn?

8. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

Grimsby, hull, wrexham

9. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

Worst towns ...

Southampton, Barnsley, Birmingham, Cardiff

10. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

To put it as simple as possible for your average lame man to comprehend. Basically, a housing waiting list is a waiting list for housing. Hense the term Housing waiting list.

THose who wish to go into council accomadation need to go on this list and between three weeks and ten years, you will have to wait until you are sorted into your concrete pigeon holes. Priority is given to immigrants, families, young people who have just come out of authoritarian care, ie a childrens home. It is quite confusing because even someone who is pregnant can suddenly go right to the top of the list. It is a standard way of sorting out claims. Also if you are homeless, you get priority. It is all complex stuff.

11. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

I went to Plymouth last week... it's still nasty.

12. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

I remember Plymouth had that chain boat. Attached by a chain across the river. When I was there, I was chewing on spanish sticks and admiring the horrible concrete buildings. In a way it reminded me of Portsmouth.

13. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

I think Plymouth is Glasgow-by-the-sea!
    Don't get me wrong, Plymouth Hoe is pretty lovely during the summer months, but the actual city and quality of housing/life etc is awful!