Worst President of US

Discussion in 'Political Polls' started by Chinese Troubadour, Aug 12, 2006.

?

Who was the worst US president?

1. Trump

2. Obama

3. Bush Sr

4. Bush Jr

5. Clinton

6. Reagan

7. Nixon

8. Johnson

9. Kennedy

10. Eisenhower

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I don't. Like, at all.

Noserider likes this.
  2. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Neither do I, was mockin' all the psycho anti-Trumpists around here.

Noserider and McFuddy like this.
  3. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

When you said idiots I thought you were referring to the Trump supporters! My bad!

scratcho likes this.
  4. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

In my opinion that shoe fits both feet

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  5. newo

True, there are extremist idiots on both sides, from those who think Trump is America's savior to those who think he's the Anti-Christ! Still, the vast majority are somewhere in between. Some say Trump has to go, others say give him a chance yet. I say he has to go, and I hate to think that won't happen for another 2 1/2 years! (Or much worse, 6 1/2 years!) If that makes me an idiot then all I can say is, "DUH! TRUMP NOT GOOD PRESIDENT!"

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  6. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I seriously doubt that is his intention. The only reason he ran in the first place was because both parties were causing the destruction of his way of life. So now he has to repair the damage to the infrastructure that supports his way of life.

Rich people can't afford to let the country collapse, it would send the market as well as the value of American money into the toilet. Get yer wheelbarrows out folks, toilet paper and rice are about to cost a lot of green backs. The rich people will slink back to their compounds and try to wait it out.

The rest of us will starve thanks to the corporation-based industry of food which can't survive a few hours down before cascading supply failures will be affected first by vehicle schedules. Then they're sorted by which crops still have a chance of getting to market if fuel prices skyrocket.

************ wrote a free book about it more than 20 years ago, it's here on Hip Forums!

(Shameless plug)

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  7. newo

So the Trumpacolypse is coming?

8. newo

Anyway the trade war with China starts today. If the economy dives so will Trump's approval ratings.

9. GeorgeJetStoned

How utterly Maher-ist of you!
    [​IMG]

10. newo

Unlike Bill Maher I don't want a recession, but he may be right when he says that could be what it would take to get his Trumpeters to abandon him.

11. GeorgeJetStoned

An interesting premise. Let me ask you, if either party comes within a certain factor of ruin, the other party will suffer in kind. There is only so much political bandwidth, it's really that simple. Neither party can stray too far from a central position, as a whole. But both parties survive just fine with designated assholes flapping their lying gums at us.

Only a narrow cross section of Americans actually want a recession. Particularly since we are poised to fall into a multi-decade depression very shortly after the next recession begins. Especially if we get dragged into a first order middle eastern conflict. Some of these chaps are only fighting with the owners of the next watering hole over, yet they want extreme killing power.

Mercifully, a crash of the US economy would lead to the swift settlement of scores of middle east factions. They'd have to before the supply of "covert" weapons and dual-use equipment dries up.

I'm willing to bet the helicopter I hear, is not Grub Hub.............................................................

12. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I'd say all the Presidents who owned slaves. Many of those men are hailed as amazing Presidents in history, but to me, if you are unable (or unwilling) to figure out that owning a human being as property is wrong, that enslaving a human being is wrong, that abusing another human being is wrong, then you'll go down in history as being an ignorant, bigoted asshole, in my opinion. Not a great leader that should be revered.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

True. Being a product of their time isnt really a valid excuse as there were plenty of people who recognized it was wrong even then

Deidre likes this.
  14. newo

Bill Maher's point was that this country can survive a recession, we've survived many. But we may not survive Trump as he would cause your multi-decade depression, America's increasing isolation from other nations we've called friends, and possibly even WW3, though at this point I'm not sure which countries would be our allies and which would be the enemy.

Okiefreak likes this.
  15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Being a product of their time isn't the excuse, but it is part of the reason.
    When I know the reasons why an american president is regarded as one of the best in a time slavery was prevalent I can easily go along with it. Without using or seeing it also as an excuse.

16. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I'm sure we'd all like to think we'd be against slavery had we lived at that time, but there is no way of knowing. Our own circumstances, experiences, and education would be vastly different. "There go I but for the grace of God," so to speak.

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  17. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Nah, there’s no excuse. There were men during those very time periods who spoke out against it. And eventually moved to eradicate it. Just because something is legal doesn’t mean it’s right.

Meliai likes this.
  18. GeorgeJetStoned

Too many of the nations we have been so generous to, for decades, are stabbing us in the back. I routinely hear people ask/suggest "Why does the US want to be the world police"? What if we actually don't? I think our military is 2/3 too big for what we're getting. That's a lot of babysitters all over the globe. And the real brilliance is we get to "assist" people who hate our very existence as a nation.

How do people do that? Hold their hand out for aid while raising a fist with the other.

19. GeorgeJetStoned

We're living in that time now, slavery still exists.

But somehow today's actual slaves are not as important as slaves who were held more than a century ago. And the only slavery practiced in the US (aside from minimum wage), is being practiced by human traffic assholes who pimp out girls and boys to the highest bidder.

20. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Got you covered. Let me phone a friend...
    219a6029aab9487b8dad30a0954ce6dd--nursery-room-ideas-bat-signal.jpg