Worst President of US

Discussion in 'Political Polls' started by Chinese Troubadour, Aug 12, 2006.

?

Who was the worst US president?

1. Trump

2. Obama

3. Bush Sr

4. Bush Jr

5. Clinton

6. Reagan

7. Nixon

8. Johnson

9. Kennedy

10. Eisenhower

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

According to history books, Andrew Johnson and Franklin Pierce were total fuckups. Jackson is definitely up there (or, down there I guess?) too.

The people saying Reagan though are just crazy.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

4. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

I know how it sounds, but I can't imagine anyone being worse than Trump.

Say what you will about how Pierce or Buchanan handled the tension between the North and South/the slavery issue, it's one thing to inherit a mess and not be able to handle it, and quite another to inherit an acceptable set of circumstances and aggressively go about destroying everything for no reason other than that is what you have always done.

Okiefreak likes this.
  5. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

That's the 7th post in this thread, from 2006. Interesting how people today are describing Trump with these same words.

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  6. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

It was easier to describe Bush as the worst before anyone experienced Trump.

7. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

That and people will tend to think the present is more meaningful than it is, I think.

I've noticed there will always be a group of folks who think the sitting president is the worst. I doubt highly anyone in our lifetime is the actual worst. Trump is still way to early on to call, in my opinion. (I don't like him, but not ready to put him at the bottom. Really, shouldn't Polk be there? ?)

Noserider and BeatinFeet69 like this.
  8. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

I think Trump is actually special in that regard:

Trump ranks as worst president in poll of scholars

^These aren't just normal people.

Okiefreak likes this.
  9. Noserider

People calling Trump the worst ever a year-and-half into what is looking more and more like an eight-year term are just...well, remember when Dewey defeated Truman?

Game 3 fourth quarter comeback by the Celtics over the Nets in the 2002 Eastern Conference Finals? (okay, no one here will remember that except me and maybe @hotwater )

Hillary winning the 2016 election?

Yeah, let's let things finish playing out first.

10. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

The thing about Comacho was that he was actually capable of recognizing that another person was smarter than him.

I would say that puts him a notch ahead of Trump.

11. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I lived through the Nixon administration and thought I would never see a worse President in my lifetime. Then George W. Bush proved me wrong.

I lived through the George W. Bush administration and thought I would never see a worse President in my lifetime. Now Trump has proven me wrong.

WTF is wrong with this country that we keep electing douchebags to the highest political office? How are they even electable? Are the red states saturated with gullible people? Seriously, am I going to see someone worse than Trump before I check out? And what would such a President be like?

12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Ummm....

13. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

But 'normal people' are the ones that vote. I'm going to laugh when Trump is re-elected. I've decided to just fiddle while Rome burns.

14. Noserider

I'm not going to laugh, but...I recognize that it's going to happen.

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm in a red state

In a city that has the highest concentration of international business in the US

This region voted overwhelmingly Trump

Trump's tariff's have the potential to destroy this area's economy. These global companies came here because of low taxes and incentives. They have no reason to stay if they're being burdened with tariffs

So basically the people who voted overwhelmingly for Trump voted to destroy their own livelihoods.

So yes, to answer your question. Yes.

And i cant fiddle because of this. I'm feeling quite concerned about what his tariffs could potentially do locally

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    fraggle_rock likes this.
  16. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Donald Trump is without a doubt the worst president this country has ever seen.

Only 47% of the American people are proud to be Americans one of the lowest numbers ever outside of Nixon and the Watergate scandal

17. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I wish someone would have the balls to challenge Trump in the primary elections but I doubt it will happen. The most recent Gallop numbers show Trump with an 87% approval rating among Republicans, a number which I can't understand. Tariffs, negotiations with untrustworthy N. Korea, failure to stand up to Russia...is Trump a Democrat? You'd think he'd be vulnerable to a challenger.

Okiefreak likes this.
  18. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

19. Noserider

The same that the rest of us know: 18 months out of an 8-year term.

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  20. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Personally I hope Trump blows America to hell. Too many idiots here these days.