Worst President of US

Discussion in 'Political Polls' started by Chinese Troubadour, Aug 12, 2006.

?

Who was the worst US president?

1. Trump

2. Obama

3. Bush Sr

4. Bush Jr

5. Clinton

6. Reagan

7. Nixon

8. Johnson

9. Kennedy

10. Eisenhower

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Obama simply formalized it.

Lyndon B johnson, and nixon, combined..... they trumped up a war, killed millions, chemically polluted vietnam and caused terrible suffering for vietnamese, vets, and the children of both of those parties.... drafted puerto-ricans to help hide the impact at home, and let thousands die while they pulled out slowly, knowing full well that we wouldn't win.... when the north would win after only SIX WEEKS of us being gone.

It's like what we're doing in the middle east now.

We don't have any of "our" guys there.... we're supporting an imaginary side. We walked in, said "you're on our side", they said "the fuck?" and we said "now we'll train you and give you guns, fellow freedom fighters". And then they funneled the guns to the guys who we're fighting, and we will leave, and everything will be how it was.... in six weeks.

2. Amaranth

Amaranth Member

Johnson would be up there...but GWB by far is the worst. The Bush crime syndicate is the worst lying bunch of war mongers and madmen to ever invade Washington. If you study the PNAC documents, you'll see that the entire admin - cheney and company were planning the Iraq war and ME invasion as far back as 1998...

They are all war criminals...

3. Marchfool

Marchfool Member

bay of pigs is hardly comparable to invading Iraq or not preventing 9/11 and let's not forget the worlds economy came crashing down on W's watch!

4. LivinAFantasy

LivinAFantasy Member

I think presidents get too much credit when things are going well, and too much blame when things go bad. Yo u can talk to me until you are blue in the face about the economy, but as a kid growing up in the Detroit area, we saw the jobs leaving way back in the early 80's as more and more foreign cars were seen and factories going away. I remember kids transferring to my high school from Pontiac because their school district was broke. I remember it being just like it is now for many people in that area.

Republicans and Democrats are both responsible, however, I believe congress is to blame for most of the things many presidents take the blame for. Also, the supreme court. The president can only do so much on his own.

5. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Obama also did over 140 executive orders in a 4 year period.

6. SapphireNeptune

SapphireNeptune Member

Yes, in fact less than Bush did in the same time period. If Obama signs another 140 in the next four years, he'd be at 280. In their two terms, Bush signed 291, Clinton signed 364, Reagan 381, Nixon 346, and boy howdy you don't even want to know how many FDR, TR, Truman and Eisenhower signed.

Also Johnson would be one of the best presidents if it wasn't for the Vietnam war. Even with the war he's still up there. His civil rights programs and the great society programs have saved far more people by this point than Vietnam killed.

7. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Johnson was a puppet. The only reason he passed the civil rights act is to quell dissent over JFK's assasination. (Because JFK vocally supported civil rights)

8. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

JFK did vocally support civil rights. But when it came down to it he put politics before liberty and voted against it.

9. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Please name an instance where JFK voted against civil rights. I was alive then and I think you are wrong.

10. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Eisenhowers Civil Rights Act of 1957.

Edit: Granted, because he voted no and maintained the Democrat party line they chose him as the next presidential candidate, allowing him to do more for civil rights once president than he may have been able to do otherwise.

11. sunfighter

I looked this up and you are right, sorry.

Later, he actually met some blacks and changed his mind.

12. SapphireNeptune

SapphireNeptune Member

That's all fine and dandy if you just like you know, ignore everything Johnson did after he won his own election and mandate to do what he wanted as president.

13. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Wonder where GWBush was this election? Aren't the repubs proud of his "accomplishments?" Not a peep out of that great american.

14. sunfighter

The biggest puzzle of the campaign for me was why Romney wasn't asked more often, "How are your policies different from GW Bush?" I only heard it once during one debate and it was answered extremely poorly.

15. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Obama missed a big chance to say--I keep my money in the US,not in the Cayman Islands or Switzerland. Would you like to explain your motivations for doing so?

Rhetorical,but sure would have been entertaining to see Ro-money flop around on that one.

16. Still Kicking

Still Kicking Members

Woodrow Wilson, for signing into law the income tax. Nothing like stealing from working people as a way to ruin a country.

17. QueerPoet

QueerPoet Senior Member

George (Dubya) Bush. Not only was he conspicuously illiterate, but he shamelessly showed off his complete lack of morals and ethics. While mumbling about the great need for God and prayer in America. Jesus Christ on a crutch. The crazy dude made Nixon look like Mother Teresa. And that's really saying something. :rolleyes:

QP

18. deleted

deleted Visitor

raygun..

19. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

:2thumbsup: Excellent choice! You made me totally laugh and I agree. :D

20. QueerPoet

QueerPoet Senior Member

Thanks, LB. And I know that it is funny -- in a totally surreal sort of way. :)

QP