Worst ever cover ?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mallyboppa, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

on the radio again today I could seriously throw up when I hear it Judas Priest "diamonds and rust " Cant bring myself to link it but here is the original (which I adore ) Whats yours ??

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

There are other covers I've heard in passing which I think are worse than this selection(I.E. Britney Spears cover of the Stones "Satisfaction") but one of the worst covers from a band I like, on an album which otherwise has a ton of excellent covers...

3. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

The Elvis Costello version of the Smile originally done by Nat King Cole,
    I have just looked on YT and found several covers that could not be any worse than the aforementioned.

Irminsul likes this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

A lot of Steve Earle songs I initially liked were mostly covers of other people and then I listen to the original i would say 3/5 original are better and but then you get 2 that aren't as good as the remake.
    One of my fav remakes was turn the page by Metallica and when I finally heard the original I was like meh.. But! Then Waylon Jennings version I heard on YouTube and I was OMG!! And now that leaves Metallica in the dust. :tearsofjoy:

For the record.

Worst cover ever that's I've heard Metallica - Whiskey in the Jar

Which I initially loved, Until I heard the other versions.

5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

As a Floyd fan and a guy who thinks a good cover does not have to be a copy WTF is this?

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Album Cover of Ex-Yugoslavia Singer Saveta Jovanović, Who Wasn’t Afraid to Flaunt Her Hairy Legs

Hard to believe there was a time in Europe when it was considered un-ladylike for women to shave their legs and only prostitutes did that.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The highwaymen - The Devils Right Hand

Ugh.

9. ChoosChins

ChoosChins Members

I was going to say either Britney Spears cover of 'Satisfaction' or All Saints cover of 'Under the Bridge'.
    But yours...yours takes the cake. That is truly one of the worst things I have ever heard. I had to stop after 30 seconds.