Worst ever cover ?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mallyboppa, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Mallyboppa

Mallyboppa Nails Mc Fugger

on the radio again today I could seriously throw up when I hear it Judas Priest "diamonds and rust " Cant bring myself to link it but here is the original (which I adore ) Whats yours ??

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|-|=|-|_

There are other covers I've heard in passing which I think are worse than this selection(I.E. Britney Spears cover of the Stones "Satisfaction") but one of the worst covers from a band I like, on an album which otherwise has a ton of excellent covers...

3. neonspectraltoast

neonspectraltoast Best Member

4. Bilby

Bilby Freerangertarian

The Elvis Costello version of the Smile originally done by Nat King Cole,
    I have just looked on YT and found several covers that could not be any worse than the aforementioned.

Irminsul likes this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

A lot of Steve Earle songs I initially liked were mostly covers of other people and then I listen to the original i would say 3/5 original are better and but then you get 2 that aren't as good as the remake.
    One of my fav remakes was turn the page by Metallica and when I finally heard the original I was like meh.. But! Then Waylon Jennings version I heard on YouTube and I was OMG!! And now that leaves Metallica in the dust. :tearsofjoy:

For the record.

Worst cover ever that's I've heard Metallica - Whiskey in the Jar

Which I initially loved, Until I heard the other versions.

6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

As a Floyd fan and a guy who thinks a good cover does not have to be a copy WTF is this?