Worse pain you have ever experienced

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by wyldwynd, Sep 20, 2013.

1. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I tore muscles in my lower back when I was about 23, ever since then I have had back pain 24/7. The question is not if I have any pain each day, it's "can I function today".
    But the worst pain I ever experienced would have to be something that happened a little over a year ago.
    I suffered a bout of cramping and "complete and violent flushing" of my digestive tract from stem to stern. Don't know for sure what caused it, but I was subjected to regular episodes of cramping so violent that everything was coming out from both ends at once, if you know what I mean.
    After about the third attack there was nothing left, but the episodes still kept coming. It felt as if someone was electrically stimulating my entire digestive track causing it to contract and convulse all at once and it was in waves. I imagined it to be similar to labor pains, but I'm thinking maybe worse.
    They would last about 15-20 minutes of horrific convulsing/cramping, then subside for about 15 minutes. I found that if I drank enough water actually have something to throw up, the calm periods lasted longer. So I would have about 20 minutes of torture, then literally pass out from exhaustion until the next round.
    This went on for about 9 hours, after 6 hours I was shitting and vomiting blood, bright red fresh blood. I was covered in sweat, had a fever, was shaking and generally felt like death.
    I was at home alone with no car, no phone and no medical insurance and way to sick to even contemplate dressing and checking with a neighbor, so I just resigned myself to death if it came.

I kept passing blood for about 30 hours and couldn't eat.
    After about a week I was more or less back to normal. Never did find out exactly what happened.
    Guess I should go to the doc sometime, I'm overdue for my 50 year tune-up and oil change.

2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I was building a rock wall with another guy. We lifted a really really heavy boulder together. He lost his grip and the giant rock came crashing downing my fingertip; the top bone shattered and my nail was completely uprooted all the way out. The pain was so bad I almost fainted.

I also had a local anesthetic surgery on my penis. The pain of getting an injection into your penis is insane. I even got to watch part of the operation. Recovering from that was a long ordeal.

3. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

when I had my back surgery's as a kid I was in so much pain the worse was when they ripped the bandages off my back god that was awful. second worse is when my hips go out of place and I start having back spasms and can't even walk to sit in a chair third would be my migraine's

4. ChrissySunshine

ChrissySunshine like disco lemonade

A kidney infection when I was fourteen.

I went to school that day thinking I had pulled a muscle in my back. It was just kinda like... "ow". By the time six pm rolled around I had a mild fever. The next morning it was worse, with some puking. I thought I had the stomach flu. Two days passed progressively getting worse, and I finally gave up and let my mom take me to the hospital.

I had to stay three days, two of those on morphine, intravenous antibiotics and fluids, and Ativan because I hate hospitals. They also put me on the pediatrics floor because of my anxiety. I felt like such a baby.

Moral of the story: You cant survive solely on Dr. Pepper as your fluid intake.

5. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Broke a disc in my spine while up on a roof in Hawaii. No position was comfortable,anywhere, any time. Friends had to carry me to the shitter while tears came involuntarily. Since I had long hair-(1974), the prick of a doctor( maybe a nurse) thought I was faking!!!! Finally got in the hospital and fortunately, I got the best neurosurgeon in Hawaii. Still have pain everyday, but it's a matter of degree. Couldn't roof again until I saw a chiropractor for a few months. You get used to the pain and when it's not there--it's like whoa--what's that??

6. kokujin

kokujin Senior Member

not all the time but it comes and goes.

I did check other.

7. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

I had surgery on my chest & my ribcage rebuilt. That was a fucking shit recovery. after I was discharged & off the IV drip of morphine I was walking up some stairs & sneezed. holy fuck that hurt, i think i must've ripped some of the internal stiches or something. i almost collapsed & fell down the stairs. That was the worst sharp pain I felt.

a close second would be getting skin on my back flayed down to the hypodermis. i was so high off natural endorphins or whatevz by the end it wasn't too bad, but near the beginning sheeeeeeeeit.

8. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Having aorta replaced from just above crotch to just below heart caused big pain, but taking oxycodone was WORSE than the pain. Panic attacks and nightmares were the shits.

9. odonII

odonII O

A tooth, too. But I waited 2 days and spent £18 - I had a check up and my teeth cleaned, too.

6 weeks. $175 - now that is ridiculous.

I'd like to think it was my heart, too. But I remember the tooth ache even now. I don't remember the heartache. I read it takes 6-8 months to get over an emotional distress ;)

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

haha yeah, I tried to be a brave hippie mom and do the natural child birth thing but I also had to be induced which makes labor intense from pretty much the moment it kicks in (and kinda defeats the whole natural child birth concept). I tried to go as long as I could without an epidural but I was pretty much begging for it after a while. After I had the epidural I pretty much decided fuck being a hippie mama because an epidural is one of the greatest inventions of modern medicine.

11. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Having a Barium Enema test.

They will never take me alive for another one.

12. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

I wasn't even trying to be brave! My epidural wasn't done correctly. They also gave me pitocin, which as you know (assuming that's what they used for your induction) makes labor pain amplified by 10. So, I had to deal with a labor amplified by 10 with no functioning pain meds haha. 28 hours and by hour 23, I was positive I wasn't going to make it out alive.

All hail functioning epidurals!

13. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Out of all that has happened from child birth to broken ribs, heart surgery, bladder surgery, back labour and everything else in between, kidney stones to me were the most terrible.

Even once they pass you are still in agony.

14. broony

broony Banned

Well thank you ladies for letting myself appreciate being a man as child birth sounds like hell...

15. Aerianne

My epidural didn't take on my second child so I had her naturally but I didn't need the pit drip with her. It was kind of awesome.

16. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

Lucky you! That stuff is evil. It's like liquid Satan in a bag.

17. Aerianne

Yeah, I had to have that with my first.

I :puke:'d.

18. M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O Cannabis Connoisseur

sort of a toss up for me......between broken right fibula and kidney stones.......leg hurt worse initially but the constant pain of the kidney stones was pretty bad.....

19. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

worst pain, but was over quickly - getting the inside of the tip of my dick swabbed with a "q-tip" to check for STDs.

worst pain that lingered was either tearing a ligament in my thumb. that hurt worse than either time i broke my hand. OR it was from getting the shit kicked outta me by like 5 guys. i was sore for awhile after that one.

20. monoman911

monoman911 Banned

I got smashed up in a motorcycle accident, bad pain.

but i don't think it rates much compared to the pain when you get fucked over by a woman and loose everything,she won't disappear or leave you start again.

physical pain is nothin!