Worried about house get burgled/set on fire during sleep

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by chris_1661, Jun 1, 2006.

1. chris_1661

chris_1661 Member

2. dricas24

dricas24 Member

I didn't finish reading your post man but, stop wacthing television and don't worry about it.

3. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I used to be like that for the longest times, my worst nightmares were of people breaking in, but after staying up all night most nights, I realized that it's really rare for anything to happen during the night. People's sleeping schedules are all too weird, most burglars don't want to take that chance of walking in on an awake angry man. Does your neighborhood have an especially high crime rate? If not, I wouldn't worry too much. If it makes you feel any safer, maybe you could suggest your parents install an extra lock. Deadbolts are extraordinarily hard to break into.

4. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

Dont be scared! It looks like the show is made to specifically to scare and thrill people. You should also post your thread in paranoid, because thats what you sound like. No offense, but you shouldnt worry to much unless you live in a ghetto, and your neighborhood has a high crime rate.

5. Brand New Soul

Brand New Soul Senior Member

well an ex friend of mine had OCD and she was afriad of things like that as well..

6. chris_1661

chris_1661 Member

7. Brand New Soul

Brand New Soul Senior Member

wow... man...clam down. If you don't want advice or feedback don't post it!!!!!!!!!!

8. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Chris, really, chill the fuck out. You're going to hear some things you don't wanna hear in life. That's life. Bad things happen to everyone and if you live your life worrying about the next one, you're wasting precious time. I worried every single car ride from the age of 15 to recently that we were going to get into a wreck...until we did and I almost died. I almost died...and it made me realize that worrying about shit like that is just pointless. To have spent 4 years of my life worrying about something I was never going to be able to control...that was 4 years of wasted time. Yeah, I've got obsessive compulsive disorder, and that worrying is part of my condition, but I learned I can control it to an extent. You can't live your life worrying that something bad is going to happen to you because no one goes throughout life without experiencing some tragedy. Bad things are going to happen, you can't change that, so why worry?

You asked us to tell you how to grow up in a previous thread. Well reacting like you did is not anywhere close to acting like an adult.

9. lizziet84

lizziet84 Member

i stumbled across this thread when i was looking around and cris i think your being compleetly insensitive to other peple's feelings . bilittling peple just because they feel insucure is not a nice trate to have. if you don't like what peple say to you then get the hell out of this thread and find one that suits you better in stead of making peple feel worse.. Kinkyramona you have a right to say what you want to say and no one should stop you from doing that. If you have gon thrue life experiencing difficulties and tribulations then that makes you a stronger person. I have a.d.h.d glocoma blindness and back problums but that doesn't stop me doing things infact that makes me stronger and want to do things all the more. I joined the hip forums a few days ago and have liked all the peple i have met so far. They have been helpful in one way or another.

10. lizziet84

lizziet84 Member

evry one just chill out and relax. breethe in ... and out ...

11. GooberGrl

GooberGrl Member

Dude...we're all worried about that kind of stuff...my best advice is to not even think about it......sure you wonder what could happen but your gonna make yourself even more scared by thinking of the worst things that could happen to you...

Just keep yourself safe at night...lock your doors, check windows, make sure no window blinds are open at night to where burglars could see through and just be calm....

Have yall seen that show "It takes a thief" i forget what channel it comes on but it's a cool show.....check for it in the channel guide..it's a good show and it definately gives you tips on how to protect yourself during the day, when your gone..and at night...