World War III?

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Angel_Headed_Hipster, Sep 3, 2004.

1. campbell34

campbell34 Banned

Well actually as usual this verse is about the only verse most athiest know and when they refer to it, they never consider the context that it was used in. This verse will be found in Matthew chapter 7 verse 1. This is the last chapter of Jesus sermon on the mount. The purpose of the sermon was to demonstrate to the people what kind of life they would have to live to be worthy of heaven. When Jesus finished His sermon the people were astonished not only because of Christ authority of the word, but also because they all knew, that the life He described could not be obtained by any of them. It appeared to them, that know one could get to heaven because know one could be that good. And that was the impression Christ wanted them to have. He showed them that salvation would require something other than good works to get to heaven. So if you fault Christians for pointing out sin, you should fault Christians who have not plucked out their eye when it offends them as well. And I could go down a very long list. Jesus Himself was judgemental of the religious leaders and so was John the Baptist, and the only time they stopped pointing out sin was when they were put to death.

2. campbell34

campbell34 Banned

Jesus never went to school to be trained to be a Rabbi, because He knew more about the bible than the teachers. He was refered to as a rabbi because Jesus taught others in the synogog. Jesus was not a temple priests for they were seperate from the rabbies. Also Jesus adresses Peter in Matthew 16:18. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. You will note that Christ told Peter that He would build His church, not His synogog.

3. Pointbreak

Pointbreak Banned

Jesus Christ did not say that Pointbreak hates him. He did not call me a liar, or comment on the darkness of my soul, or describe me as a walking dead hater of the light with no hope or future. You did. You are not Jesus and you do not speak for him. Try to remember that.

4. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

Jesus said "whoa, I know kung fu" and God said, " show me."

5. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

some moron gave me bad rep and said this
    "You can try to rationalize it all you want but if you really think you're Christian, it's time to get a new job and start reading the Bible objectively"
    I really don't see how me being in the air force, and protecting the people on my base (im security forces) makes me a bad christian.

6. Pointbreak

Pointbreak Banned

What the hell dumbass made that rep comment. The rep system is for people's behaviour in the forums, not to judge someone's life.

7. Jozak

Jozak Member

Which is why I blocked my "Karmic Balance" meter in the first place.

8. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

Yeshua Ben Joseph never even read the Bible, cuz it didnt exist yet.
    But anyway, you believe what you feel is best, and I will do the same.

Allah u Akbar
    God is Great
    Namaste, Ken

9. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

Is it just me or does every religion other than christianity have more documentation on jesus. And christians only have the bible. (ex: sacrements.)

10. BlackGuardXIII

I only know of one writer besides the authors of the new testament that was alive at the same time that mentions Him, or any disciples. Josephus. He is a Roman whose descendents rose to prominence in Rome. Much of his writing is, to me, clearly lies. He claimed he was a Jewish General, fighting and killing Romans, then captured by Rome, and then allowed to be in command of Roman forces.
    Drew....I ask you as a forces member...is that likely?
    I have read two books by Jewish researchers that found no record of any of Jesus' entourage in any contemporary accounts from Israel. The only names that are known outside of the gospels and josephus are Pilate, and Herod, who were mentioned in many, many places.

11. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

Thats about as likely as Ghandi being a suicide bomber in my opinion. I was just saying earlier, that the catholics seem to have more information on christs life then the typical literal christian. There are some other texts in other religions, I have read about them, but as for their validity your guess is as good as mine.

12. BlackGuardXIII

I thought so.
    This Josephus is apparently the only non Biblical writer of the day to have mentioned Jesus, that is reasonably provable. Many claims are not actually from the day, but much later.
    I know the vatican library contains books found nowhere else on earth, but what they are......no idea.

13. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

Indeed, I watched a documentary years ago about vatican secrets. There was a preist they discussed who worked directly for the vatican, and he was restoring an old gothic church. There were many satanic hints about the church that was kind of weird. (upside down crucifixes engraved in stone etc etc.) Evidently he found somthing there that made him question his religion. He reported to the vatican immedietly, denounced his preist hood, and joined an underground satanic cult. Reports later point to a vatican investigation on what was found. Something was reported found, and sealed away. Later on (this all happend in a 3 year period.) The preist was found murdered.

The vatican is a pretty secret place. If I could have access to anywhere on earth and it was between area 51 or the vatican, I would move to italy.

14. BlackGuardXIII

I dont doubt it. I disagree with the things that the vatican leadership has done, but know many good Catholics that I feel are very spiritual. Here is a good friends miracle story.

I used to work with a fellow who's wife died of lung cancer, though she was a nurse who never smoked. It was less than a year from diagnosis till she was gone. Around a month before she passed on she told him that she was going to send him some kind of a sign. He is a very honest, family-oriented, devout Catholic. Then, from her hospital bed a week before she passed on, she told him she knew what the sign would be....lightning.
    I have only been to one funeral in my life, hers, and it was at 1PM at St. Anne's Church. As we arrived it was pouring out, really hard, the sky was low overcast thick clouds, and it was dark like twilight. We sat down, and got settled in, and then boom, thunder, and the lights in the church went out for a couple of minutes. Kelvin told me that when the thunder struck, he looked at his watch and it was 1 o'clock on the dot.
    After the funeral, we came outside to find that there was not a cloud in the sky, I swear. Everything was soaking wet, and dripping, and the sun was shining in a clear blue sky.

15. peehuu

peehuu Guest

hi iii
    welcome to this forum site.it is a best site for ever to solve your any kind of queries,but right now i am not able to give you any comment.i think you have to contact your friends for better solution.i am sorry for that.
    Thanks
    ----------------
    Top Ten classified website

16. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

this has to be the strangest forum bump i ever saw.

17. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

^^ agreed!

18. heymister

heymister Guest

19. Harpo

Harpo Member

Could be the start of a new game - Strange bumping?

20. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Bored?