World Hunger On The Rise Again

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Joshua Tree, Oct 18, 2017.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

The main problem is food distribution. Just try getting food to starving people in Somolia or N. Korea...it's impossible. We have enough food to feed everyone, but we just don't have the means of getting where it needs to be.

Indian economist Amartya Sen has studied world hunger and has come to the conclusion that it is not a result of any natural disaster or anything like that. He looked at the drought in sub-Saharan Africa from 1983-84 as an example. He found that Sudan and Ethiopia experienced 11% and 12½% declines in food production; those countries experienced severe famine. But Botswana had a 17% reduction in food production and Zimbabwe had a 37% reduction and there was no famine in either place. The reason is that Sudan and Ethiopia didn't mind if certain undesirable members of the population starved to death while Botswana and Zimbabwe did mind. He goes on to say famine "is the characteristic of some people not having enough to eat. It is not the characteristic of there not being enough to eat."

There will always be hunger, war, rampant disease and abject poverty as long as evil political systems are in place. And we know the solution; it's so easy. All you need is a means to change the government, equal suffrage, education and free speech. All we need to do now is figure out how to export all that to the peoples of the world. And I do not know how to do that. Invasion does not seem to work, nor do sanctions. And UN resolutions are a joke.

1 person likes this.
  2. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

The problem is not food distribution or wasted food. The problem is that Africans have raped their own land. Deserts increase and upset the ecosystem by their own actions. The problem is over population. The problem is birth rates. The problem is live stock, the problem is trying to turn deserts into farm land on the fringe.

On average in Africa 40 birth per 1000 each year vs. 12 per 1000 in the USA. Keeping more live stock than the land can handle. Grazing animals where they are not suppose to because it is easier than cultivating your own crops, thus extending the desert and creating more barren land empty of vegetation, increasing deserts. As we watch bleeding hearts teach them how to rape this planet further, giving them live stock, teaching them how to turn deserts into farm land, when in reality they are extending it, wasting the worlds most important resource, over pumping of ground water in order to meet their over populated needs.

China is I think 28 percent desert and the size of those deserts are increasing by land the size of New Jersey each year. 1300 sq km each year. This is from poor land practices. Then the people are encouraged to migrate but bring these practices with them. Tranmpelling the ground with live stock and themselves in an already over populated land, disrupting the fragile Eco system. I

Same thing is happening in many parts of Africa. The biggest cculprit to the so called climate change is the abuse of lands by the overpopulated people in those countries. It is not my problem, it is their problem.

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

What is your issue with black people? You post some of the most racist and idiotic things I have ever read on here.

"raped their own land"? You really have no understanding of politics or history. But that's an easy white excuse to make the black men less then. I gurentee white people would be living the same way with the same history. The thing about racists is none of them know the facts they know lies that bolster their own racial esteem.

We are all people and one's suffering is all ours. I don't care if I have never been to Africa or known these people I still know them because we all get hungry.

2 people like this.
  4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm not back pedaling or being coy, I'm telling you straight up you said something stupid and insulting to everyone who exists outside of your insular first world experience where you have the priviledge to pretend hunger means missing a meal and nothing more. And now I'm tired of talking about it. Have a good day.

1 person likes this.
  5. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Yeah ok. You lost me after your ever common starting out with insults and feigning outrage. As you back pedal like above. Common. Lol whatever you say, which isn't much as usual and full of bs. Lol

Go rest.

6. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Pretty sure there are white people in Africa too.

And I am referencing history, a history you choose to ignore.

7. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

What does environmental abuse have to do with race?

1 person likes this.
  8. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

Earlier in this thread you denied there was a problem with world hunger. Now you're saying there is a problem?

2 people like this.
  9. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

10. Hunger is an issue we all have to think about. There's nothing wrong with giving to noble causes that are fighting hunger and poverty on the ground but giving only eases our consciences. The real issue is one of political and financial gain! Sure there is enough food produced annually to feed the world's population but while we still have huge conglomerates needing to appease their shareholders with huge profits, while we still have political reasons why countries who can help won't and while we still have people (fellow citizens of the world) who don't believe anything can be done or the problem is greatly exaggerated the poor, homeless and/or hungry don't stand a chance!

1 person likes this.