World Hunger On The Rise Again

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Joshua Tree, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I suppose you're right...if you're all about hunger issues continuing to rise.

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The problem with GMOs is not the genetic modifications themselves but the fact that they're modified to survive treatment of powerful pesticides and herbicides that eventually deplete the soil of all nutrients

Plus eating pesticides isnt all that great for you either

1 person likes this.
  3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

So if *you're* not starving and *you've* never seen a starving person then hunger, real hunger and not just missing a meal or two, doesn't exist? What a self centered, myopic way of looking at the world.

1 person likes this.
  4. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Actually, they are engineered to require fewer pesticides and herbicides
    https://www.popsci.com/article/science/core-truths-10-common-gmo-claims-debunked

5. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Send them bags of feed corn and bibles.
    Don't forget the bibles to tell them contraception is evil.
    Problem solved, or multiplied, or whatever, don't think about it. That's God's job, he's the man with the plan.

6. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

You are for finally responding for yourself Mel? You are incapable! You lost credit points earlier and from your current response you lose further points with you making it personal.

An article is posted that offers up no statistics and no evidence but you simply believe it, yet demand such things from others who provide evidence to the facts. You believe this why? Because the UN told you it is so and it fits in with what you preach? Why aren't you demanding statistical evidence to this or questioning it? Why do you question what you do see, but not that of which you do see?

What a self righteous attitude you have, not to mention judgemental, narrow minded and thoughtless response you provide, but I accept you for what you are.

7. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Correction - Do not see vs do see.

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I wasnt commenting on the article or the rise in hunger although the original UN report should be easy enough to find if you're curious where the data came from/how they gathered it, etc

I was commenting on your confusion as to what actually constitutes hunger (hint, it isnt missing a meal or two) and your general view that just because you don't see hunger it doesnt exist. The refugees you mentioned arent starving because they now live in a first world country, you dont see hunger because you live in a first world country (although hunger does exist in first world countries too).

A mod or two has already made it clear that commenting on one's views isnt a personal attack. I wasnt attacking you but rather your myopic view of the subject at hand.

But I suspect your post was just designed to elicit a reaction anyways so my bad for taking the bait

9. Beach Ball Lady Balls

You do a lot of projecting and direct you comments on the person. Let me explain self centered to you and myopic.

Myopic - lacking imagination, foresight, or intellectual insight.

Ok so you say that is not personal, I guess you do not understand words or their meanings. Let me help you out! telling someone they are self centered is not personal either by your standards/understanding, or lack of understanding. Those are you opinions of me no matter how you want to say it. You continually make it personal. I really don't have time to waste on you, but I am glad I can help you with your understanding of the English language., so that in the future you can avoid making it personal.

If you had said I disagree because it would be different but you simply state your opinion of the poster rather than having your own view point, or argument! But you never do. Lots of virtue signalling, judgements and lacking a a thought of your own.

Your first mistake is thinking you are being clever.

As I said, I accept you for what you are!

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Lol Meliai explicitly said its the POV she's criticising, not the person. Nice try though (but not much more.. as usual)

You got to wonder why you have to resort to these explanations all the time and with lots of different people. Do they really have it in for you? Or could it be the way you argument your stances ;)

11. Asmodean

This is a great example of how you act in the exact way you accuse others of when they dare to state your views and insights on this particular subject seem to be lacking (based on your specific posts on the subject in this thread).

Nuff said hopefully ;)

12. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Your grasp of the engish languauge is amazing. When someone says your views are self centered it is personal. Are you attempting to white knight again? Head back to your private messages and work it out. Lol.

Second mistake is attempting to be coy!

13. Asmodean

People arguing in this thread for agriculture in space to solve the current problem with world hunger do not really get it I'm afraid. That would only rescue the offspring of the offspring of the people who survive hunger in this day :p

About mining in space: that seems a matter for a different thread as mining doesn't grow food ;) Mining in space is one of the best reasons though to invest in space tech and exploration: its so profitable it could even help finance solving world hunger (on the long term, and if profits would actually go there lol). What im saying is the idea of mining asteroids and other objects is far from a laughing matter and will be an important future industry. It's however not a solution for kids who are dying of hunger now and in the next couple of decades.

Obviously to anyone with an interest is that the successes in desert cultivation are a much better way to get food in places and to people who lack it chronically.

14. Asmodean

I can sincerely say I pity you. If i didn't regard you as a troll i'd even explain why. Sorry man :(

15. Asmodean

Exactly. This is the approach we have to take.

I put my trust in that kind of tech when i see it :p

16. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

[​IMG] [​IMG]

lol...and yet in spite of all the "help" she/he allegedly wants to give you and Mel to understand words and such, she/he seems to experience difficulty in comprehension. So Asmo, I'm glad you were also able to help her/him "understand words and their meaning". :)

To disbelieve people are starving to death on this earth in (2nd and) 3rd world countries and that there is a very real and present problem with world hunger is one of the most ignorant, deluded mind-sets I've come across in a long time.

I'm old and have seen many things, and been many places. World hunger is not a conspiracy started by the UN. I wish it were.

2 people like this.
  17. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

It was my understanding that we have more than enough land and resources to end world hunger, but those resources are poorly and unfairly distributed.

By the way, for those questioning the data cited in the article, there are links to the original data within the article. So, you might want to check those out before attacking the source.

Some of these responses to this topic are comical; they remind me of this Stephen Colbert tweet: "Global warming isn't real because I was cold today! Also great news: World hunger is over because I just ate." I feel like the knowledge gap between the person stating that hunger is no longer a problem and those who know otherwise is too wide to cross.

3 people like this.
  18. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I'm out of likes. :-/

Very well stated YFM.

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Myopic is being short sighted .
    Sorry you're so offended but denying hunger exists because..I dont really know why to be honest but I do find it to be a self centered viewpoint.

I don't know you, I have no idea if you're self centered. But "hunger doesn't exist" is a weird view to express

Sorry I offended you though

20. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Not offended at all. You assume a lot of bs. Pretty much every word that you type entails a lot if bs and then you back pedal! I have very good eye sight! But you just proved mmy point about trying to be clever and coy and justify your lame attempts at insults. Not a good look!