workout split +++ reps+++one more rep

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by David0301, Jan 27, 2018.

1. David0301

David0301 Members

lol i do selfies with my left hand mostly .........................................................

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  2. David0301

David0301 Members

waoo im sore all over my chest and triceps from yesterdays push-workout. Thats a good sign.

I had to stop training for 2 months because I had a bad rib-injury. 2 months ago I slipped off the floor onto my back-rib. Hardcore. Could not even move for days. Lost some gains because of that :sob:. But now I am back :sunglasses:

Being sore is a good sign. A sign that gainzzz are ahead .

My push workout looks like that:

abs for warmup .
    6x20 pushups bodyweight
    6x15 dumbbel chest flies
    6x15 dumbbel shoulder flies
    6x15 dumbbell shoulder press
    6x15 dumbbell triceps skull crusher on bench

my workouts never exceed 45 minutes.
    Yep I believe in high intensity. Little Rest in between.
    Be prepared for lots of sweatssss.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

mine is similar. typically i do tuesday push, wednesday pull, friday legs and core. i know monday/wednesday/friday would make more sense, but mondays are always really busy for me so i just don't have time to exercise that day.

i also recently missed quite a bit of time for injury recovery. nothing i bothered to get diagnosed, but i think i had some sort of a pull or minor tear in the tendon at the top of my knee back in the spring. i tried to just work through it for a while, but that only made it worse, so i stopped doing leg exercises altogether for a while, and that did nothing to help it either. so i got frustrated and tried working through it again, and still no improvement. so then i got the bright idea to rehab it with lighter weights, and it has been improving steadily for the couple months that i've been doing that. it actually doesn't hurt at all anymore, but i'm still a little nervous about going back to full weight because i don't want to lose the healing progress i've made.

David0301 likes this.
  4. David0301

David0301 Members

"...some sort of a pull or minor tear in the tendon at the top of my knee..."
    All I can advise you is: go for the training, dont miss it. Training heals injuries rather than deteriorate.
    I had to learn that the hard way. I am normally strong and never skip training, no matter what. But that injury was really bad. I dont wish that to nobody. Slipped of some spilled oil (for massage) and hit the sharp edge of my toilett with my rip. Bang. Crack. Could not move for hours. Paralyzed for days. And im not kidding. Only laying in bed (and a little bit crying in pain , i admit :blush:) people said "david you need to go to the hospital" I said "nuh man im a soldier.." plus I dont want them "doctors" to kill me. Didnt answer phone calls for days because could not speak because of the pain, and didnt eat anything because of the pain. Well... that is my way of healing :sunglasses: (dont recommend it to anyone hehe)

but yeah back to you: dont skip the training when your knee hurts. You can still train upper body. You will even heal faster when doing so. For example, 4 years ago I had tendonitious on my left wrist due to heavy ass dumbbel training (military shoulder press , this is why I dont lift hardcore anymore) , all doctors (by that time my attitude was different) told me to stop training and "rest". Well thats what I did. Nothing happened for weeks. They even gave me all kindz of injections (which now, I have no idea why i did that) , prescribed creams for me , ultra violet therapy etc etc. All that did not help. Then i threw all the creams to where they belong (yep trash-can) and... when I started training again , the pain vanished within 1 week . Amazing . Amazing.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^ yeah, i never stopped altogether; i was still doing my standard upper body stuff when i was taking time off for my knee. i just tried to leave my legs out of it for a while, and like i said, it didn't work.

there are some situations when you need to just stop altogether and let the body heal itself (like if you're stuck in bed unable to speak because of the pain, for example). but yeah, i've had this going on for close to a year now and it was only when i started lightly training that area that it actually started to improve. i was testing it earlier tonight and if i really push it i can still feel some pressure in the upper knee, which makes me glad i haven't gone back to full weight yet, but i'm feeling pretty confident that if i keep doing the low weight exercise like i have been it will be back to normal pretty soon.

6. David0301

David0301 Members

btw i also do core (butt) on legs day. and btw you did not mention how you injured your knees?

7. David0301

David0301 Members

today is PULL day. yeeeeeyy . excited. here it goes, my pull programe looks like this:

abs for warmup
    6x standing dumbbell curls
    3x standing dumbbell trap pulls
    5x standing dumbbell hammer curls
    5x bent over dumbbell lat-row
    3x seated dumbbel concentration curls
    (and mayyybeee + 3x dumbbell lat row leaning on the bench)

always train in front of the mirror to check reign of motion+form, always between 5-6 exercises

always reps+weight until failure, high intensity, little rest, sweat´s dropping like crazy:sweatsmile:

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i have no idea how i did it. it just started hurting one day.

David0301 likes this.
  9. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

This is more or less what I do now except I incorporate more leg exercises. Lunges, donkey kicks, some exercise that works my hamstrings like crazy but I dont know what it is called

I mostly focus on my butt and legs for aesthetics, I'll admit it.

I do this like 4 times a week

And on the weekends (will do it more often after Daylight savings time) I do a sprint/walk interval workoit. I realized I hate jogging and love sprinting. And I think sprinting is more effective.I'll run more often after daylight savings time but for now thats my weekend workout

11. Kerri

Kerri Members

There’s a Wendler in every crowd ;-p

Hubby and I did heavy singles on split jerk tonight, followed by a back down triple
    Bench press 3 rep APRE
    Pendlay row
    Incline dB press 3x6
    Bent over rear delts and Tate press for accessories and overhead barbell walk dragging a sled for conditioning

12. David0301

David0301 Members

well as i mentioned before i have stopped all cardio,running etc. to me they are all senseless and harmful. Take it eeeezy my neezy. I rather dont take starchy carbs and walk everywhere I go, as I have always been doing. But hey to each one his own ;-) there is no 1-for-all guideline. I have just figgured the shortcut which brings you to the target easier. I assume you are a woman, then abs,legs,butt is what concern them the most. And, even so , staying away from starchy carbs should be even more important.

But back to you --> you said "..This is more or less what I do now except I incorporate more leg exercises. Lunges.." in regards to my fullbodyworkout. It seems like you are at the frontine between fullbody/overtraining :tearsofjoy: thats the same that happened to me:tearsofjoy: thats pretty harsh , as I understood correctly you do the 6 exercises I mentioned + the newly incorporated exercise? :sweatsmile::sweatsmile: . I think it is time to split your workout dont you think so?
    i have a suggestion for you: Upper Body - Rest - Lower Body . Repeat. What you say?

side note for soldiers:
    i have noticed : the less I train the more gains I make. When I did fullbodyworkout and 2 days rest I was making all kinds of gains. And, the best gains i ever did was when I , 3 years ago , only did 3 exercises: pushups, dips, squats. Sounds weird but yes only 3 exercises. Each one until failure. About 6 sets each. The single best muscle mass building exercise is pushups. point blank. i blow up like a baloon always when i do them.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  13. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Full-body routine.

14. David0301

David0301 Members

go for it, i love it, i wish i could go back, but its just... i love many exercises which i cant do in 1 training

15. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Yeah, whatever works for you dude. Full-body has always seemed to work for me.

16. David0301

David0301 Members

the best 3 gainz-making-exercises are :

pushups
    pullups
    dips

as you see they are all bodyweight. So, you dont even need dumbbels to get big. When i first started training I only did those 3 exercises, i went from 86kilo to 100 kilo in 1 year. pure muscle. no supplements etc
    But when you are tall/heavy you stay away from pullups- they are damn hard now to me. I dont do them anymore. When i was 70 kilo I loved doing them .

17. Kerri

Kerri Members

What about the other half of your body? There’s nothing in here for any muscle below your chest. Don’t be the guy that skips leg day

18. David0301

David0301 Members

actually i wanted to write 4 because i always did

pushups
    pullups
    dips
    squats

but top3 sounds better kerri

19. David0301

David0301 Members

i better be more precise from now on when i write something , because somebody will always read my stuff, yesterday i made another mistake and zenkarma corrected me , i said "microwaves were invented " lol, thats like saying "air was invented ". because in german we say literally "mikrowelle" which means "microwave" , we dont add + "oven" , we say "I have a microwave" :tearsofjoy:

20. Kerri

Kerri Members

lol top 3 does better ;-) but squats are #1 ;-)