workout split +++ reps+++one more rep

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by David0301, Jan 27, 2018.

1. David0301

David0301 Members

.....been forking a lot with dem 3-day-splits lately . PUSH-PULL-LEG it goes something like that:

day 1 PUSH
    day 2 REST
    day 3 PULL
    day 4 REST
    day 5 LEG
    day 6 REST
    repeat all over, until death

making all kindzzz of gains with it, crazy effective

whats your experience with it soldiers?

as im typing im drenched from head to toe , just finished workout...

,,,xx

2. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

I prefer training 3 on 1 off (normally: Legs, push, pull, rest, repeat).....perfect frequency for me & my goals.

David0301 likes this.
  3. Kerri

Kerri Members

My husband and I mostly follow the hybrid performance method. We don’t have strict delineations in the days and mix powerlifting and weightlifting along with accessories to correct imbalances. It’s a 4 or 5 day program depending on the week. We love it. My husband is an elite level powerlifer with a pro total and I have a qualifying total for weightlifting nationals!

David0301 likes this.
  4. David0301

David0301 Members

interesting

5. David0301

David0301 Members

im more interested in "healthy training" which means health goes first, then aesthetics.
    Meaning taking no suppliments, steroids, drugs, BS, just getting the best out of what nature has given you.
    kind of like the golden area of bb , steve reeves, tiny tiny waist, broad shoulder. Trimmed. Not mass.
    I have seen many BB go down when getting old due to the abuse of their body when young. Thats not what im aiming at

6. David0301

David0301 Members

.... pumping up like a baloon and then at 40+ living miserably , nuh i dont need that

thanks

7. Kerri

Kerri Members

Those things are not exclusive. We don’t train for aesthetics at all. We train for results. We don’t take any drugs or supplements of any kind and we’re not compromising future health

8. David0301

David0301 Members

oh i see, your husband is a weightlifer, kind of like brian shaw and that hafbor guy. I see.

but thats a whole different story. They train to lift weights. I lift weights to train lol.

9. David0301

David0301 Members

i understand

i have seen a couple of people doing it the same way

isnt it too harsh on your body? dont you think putting 1 day rest in between would give you more gainzzz?

10. Kerri

Kerri Members

No - my husband is a powerlifter. I’m a weightlifter. Brian Shaw and Halfthot are strongmen. Those are three totally different sports

You do do lift to train but you’re also here talking about methods and gains. Some of these guys I assure you know a lot about gains ;-)

11. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Other than to repair the equipment, I have never visited a gym in my entire life.
    My fitness program is simple.

Walking to work.
    Using stairs rather than the lifts.
    crawling under floors.
    Climbing scaffolding and tower cranes.
    Lifting bags of cement
    Doing acrobatics to change light fittings.
    Crawling inside boilers.
    Crawling out of boilers VERY FAST (when I realize that they are about to automatically start firing)

And that was just before lunch.!!!!!

Over the last week I have also got my fingers in peak condition, typing all the replies to YOUR posts.:yum::yum::yum:

GLENGLEN and Kerri like this.
  12. wilsjane

Believe it or not, I have got nothing against people who use gym equipment to keep fit, but I laugh at times when they combine it with an unhealthy life style.
    A few years ago, a guy who I worked with was getting in a real strop because his wife had run off to do some shopping and he needed the car to get to the gym. Walking there would have taken him about 5 minutes. He could not seem to understand why I was laughing. LOL

GLENGLEN and David0301 like this.
  13. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

No, it's absolutely fine (I've trained 3 on 1 off for years).

David0301 likes this.
  14. David0301

David0301 Members

What is “hybrid Performance“ ? Never heard of it. Do you guys also train muscles systemically like BB lets say on push day tri,chest,shoulders ? Or how does that go in the powerlifting/weightlifting world?

15. David0301

David0301 Members

up until 3 years ago I did only fullbody training which goes like that :

pushups, dips, squats, shoulder press, sz biceps curl, back rows. 6 exercises 3 sets. that way you cover all muscles. 1 or 2 days rest. Repeat. Mannn i was doing all kindzzz of gains with that training. But... once you fall into devotion and love with training then you tend to incorporate more and more exercises/sets, then = overtraining. Thats what led me to follow a split. I like that push-pull-leg stuff. its easy to remember. You dont have to write anything down. its just like "oh yeah last time i did pull, so today its leg"

the next level would be 5 day split. But that is, in my opinion, for dedicated body builders. Because once you miss a training day then the whole cycle will be postponed. Hobby weightlifer like me , I can imagine, dont like that 5 day split. We often times skip training.

5 day split would be like:

day 1 arms
    day 2 lats
    day 3 legs
    day 4 chest
    day 5 shoulders
    day 6 rest
    day 7 rest
    repeat

professional bb like greene,heath even do an exageratted version of the 5 day split. They train like 2 times a day like:

Monday: morning biceps , afternoon triceps

crazy crazy

16. David0301

David0301 Members

i like that. "crawling out of boilers very fast" hahaha, that was funny :tearsofjoy:
    and this what we all are supposed to do . by nature. there is no need to do extra training. like you, i have tried gym for 1 year. but then i went back to home training. i have always been home training. 1 bench. some dumbbels. 1 mirror. thats enough

wilsjane likes this.
  17. David0301

David0301 Members

i also got those resistance bands which i take with me when i travel. resistance bands alone would be enough to train the whole body. its simple man. people make it complicated. natty dread yo

18. Kerri

Kerri Members

Lol I know who Ronnie Coleman is. I can assure you most lifters just do their thing and don’t end up in wheelchairs.

We don’t break up the days like that. They’re much more mixed. Lots of powerlifters do it that way and virtually all Olympic lifters as well while lots of other people do it the traditional way you’re referring to. There’s no magic bullet or single right approach. Both have produced amazing elite athletes.

19. wilsjane

You forgot to mention all those arm exercises taking those 'selfies'. I hope that you use the other arm on alternate days. LOL

20. Kerri

Kerri Members

Sure there are hypocrites everywhere in every walk of life

Of course there’s no “need” to train like we do. No one said otherwise. There’s no “need” for Netflix or watching sports or music or online forums. People do those things because they enjoy it

Tne OP was asking about training methods presumably because he’s interested in it. I resounded because I am too. No one is pretending it’s a critical life skill

Total Darkness likes this.