work places

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by happyhippyflower, Jan 30, 2005.

1. happyhippyflower

happyhippyflower Sucker Punch

Why are businesses that are dominated by foreigners, let's say Indians, never hiring? I purposely went to gas stations, mini marts and other stores that were all Indian or Hispanic, and I got the same look from them all when I asked for an application: wtf is this american dipshit thinking?
    They were almost condescending, you know? And strangely after each of them turned me down, they watched me like a hawk exiting their property. I guess they thought the 'american' in me was going to flip out over being denied.

Deep down I think the big heads at those stores fall victim to a lot of the stereotypes slapped on americans and choose to only hire their own kind. Can you blame them?

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Well, keep in mind that a lot of these gas stations, mini marts and Convenience stores are family-operated. That's why you never see a white person behind the register at some of these places.

3. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Are you really 63 or is that for someone else's benefit? Maybe they are not anti-Caucasian, but don't like old people. Maybe they don't like hippies. Maybe they detected an anti-Hispanic/anti-Indian vibe. Maybe they thought you were cursed. Maybe it's late and I should be thinking about ironing the sheets before I hit the hay.

4. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

you shouldnt be denied a job because of your race/religion/sex..... I think you should take this up to the courts!