Words to live by

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by lion1978, Apr 20, 2021.

1. lion1978

lion1978 The King

1. You must believe in yourself.

2. You must believe that you are just as much as others.

3. You have to believe that you are just as smart as the others.

4. You must believe that no one is better than others.

5. You must believe that what you have learned is as good as what others know.

6. You must believe that you are equal to others.

7. You have to believe that you are capable of something.

8. You must laugh with the others - also of yourself.

9. You have to believe someone cares about you.

10. You must believe that everyone can learn something from each other

hotwater, Totally Yoda and sureño like this.
  2. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the wrong. Sometime in life you will have been all of these.
    Lloyd Shearer

PGA and Bilby like this.
  3. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

"Remember always that you are just a visitor here, a traveller passing through. Your stay here is but short and the moment of your departure unknown.

None can live without toil and a craft that provides your needs is a blessing indeed. But if you toil without rest, fatigue and weariness will overtake you and you will be denied the joy that comes from labour’s end.

Speak quietly and kindly and be not forward with either opinions or advice. If you talk much this will make you deaf to what others say, and you should know that there are few so wise that they cannot learn from others.

Be near when help is needed but far when praise and thanks are being offered. Take small account of might, wealth and fame for they soon pass and are forgotten. Instead, nurture love within you and strive to be a friend to all. Truly, compassion is a balm for many wounds. Treasure silence when you find it and while being mindful of your duties set time aside to be alone with yourself. Cast off pretence and self-deception and see yourself as you really are.

Despite all appearances, no one is really evil. They are led astray by ignorance. If you ponder this truth often you will offer more light rather that blame and condemnation.

You, no less all beings, have Buddha Nature within. Your essential mind is pure. Therefore, when defilements cause you to stumble and fall, let not remorse nor dark foreboding cast you down. Be of good cheer and with this understanding summon strength and walk on.

Faith is like a lamp and wisdom it is that makes the light burn bright. Carry this light always and in good time the darkness will yield and you will abide in the light."
    The Dhammavadaka

PGA likes this.
  4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

is it really that hard, for humans to accept the existence, of anything that is not a reflection, of what they wish to pretend, about themselves?

words are not the best things to attempt to live by. you cannot breathe nor drink nor eat them.

ignore the wisdom of my words, for i am not wise, but don't ignore the kind of world you create by how you live in it, because as long as you live, you still do.

know this, that the unknown is unknown, and being unknown, does not in any way prevent the most wonderful and gratifying strangeness.

PGA likes this.
  5. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

HERMAN MUNSTER =
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  6. WOLF ANGEL

JOHN LENNON
    [​IMG]

lion1978 and themnax like this.
  7. WOLF ANGEL

DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING Jnr.
    [​IMG]

hotwater likes this.
  8. WOLF ANGEL

C,S,N,+Y

granite45 likes this.
  9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the difference between heaven and hell is consideration.

10. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

Live life to the fullest and always stay positive.

lion1978 likes this.
  11. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Stay true to your principles and never abandon them !!!

lion1978 likes this.
  12. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

I like words. Being rather stupid myself, I am grateful for those more wise, erudite, and enlightened than I for recording their words for my edification.

13. WOLF ANGEL

14. WOLF ANGEL

15. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

but america didn't invent freedom, and the problem with rednecks and christians is that they do try to force their ways on others.
    not all of them granted, and those that don't i'm fine with too. and guns are a problem, but only because they're mass produced,
    nothing is solved by banning possession, granted (unless a person has proven themselves to be dangerous and irrisponsible with it),
    but banning mass production and sale, doesn't stop responsible do it yourselfers from having whatever they can make themselves.
    at any rate, i absolutely agree with the sentiment. i think one big thing that is missing, a couple of them, one is let people build whatever kind of shelter they would like to and live in it,
    and another is let people relocate accross borders to their hearts content any time and for any reason they feel like it, just whatever country their in, that countries laws apply.
    also the real america and its freedoms are what was there, before anyone ever heard the name america or applied it to it.

freedom isn't a country, its the earth and the trees and the little furry creatures with big sharp teeth. but it isn't created by destroying one either, nor by destroying anything else.

sushi from a gas station, i can't even imagine. but personaly i prefer, powdered chocklet, not maple syrup, and a spritz of lime rather then hot sauce.
    (real maple syrup is ok, if you can actually find any that hasn't been adulturated with corn syrup or isn't just "maple flavored" corn syrup,
    and if it has the kind of strong flavor most people think is maple, its corn syrup, the real thing is much more subtle)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    PGA likes this.
  17. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Applies to Werewolves, only

“Even a man who is pure in heart,
    And says his prayers by night,
    May become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms,
    And the moon is full and bright.”

― Curt Siodmak

18. WOLF ANGEL

19. WOLF ANGEL

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

actually were cats, elephants, manatees, and were anything else, but if a person be truly of innocent and good intent, transpeciesism needn't be a bane at all.
    i know some cultures fear the skin dancer, but it need not be a thing of ill intent, not need it that a form that looses all sense of self.

hotwater likes this.
  21. PGA

PGA Senior Member

Whatever you said is the real facts of the life.

hotwater likes this.