Woody Allen.

Discussion in 'Movie Stars' started by Bilby, Mar 10, 2023.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I was watching Annie Hall the other night on TV and I was astonished how fast he was talking.I am sure he is an interesting person to talk to in real life, but there are two things an actor should never do: (1) overact (2) talk too fast.
    I know Groucho Marx would talk fast but he as pure comedy. Jason Alexander who did the voice of Duckman would also talk fast but again mostly comedy with a bit of philosophy thrown in.

2. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

May be my favorite director. Love his stuff - Stardust Memories, Manhattan, Zelig, Hannah and Her Sisters, Crimes and Misdemeanors, Mighty Aphrodite....everything of his.

3. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

His early films focused on comedy, little else, and they were hilarious. Then Annie Hall brought some drama in with the comedy, and it was such a great movie I thought the sky was the limit for Woody, but instead it was a slow downhill slide. Yes he still came up with some great stuff, but he peaked with Annie Hall.

4. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I remember Manhattan when is came out and I liked it. Not sure a story of a middle aged man knocking around with a 16 year old girl would go down so well today, but a film of its time.