Woodstock question

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Justwow, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Justwow

Justwow Banned

It just occured to me, why exactly did the concert goers leave behind all that garbage?! I thought they would have cared more about the Earth.

Just a thought I had.

2. trippedelia

trippedelia wow

yeah there was a hellova lot of it after ey.

3. Crosslight

Crosslight Banned

Maybe environment issues weren't on top in that time.......and maybe the concert goers couldn't take the garbage on their back when hitch-hyked back home....or maybe they were on acid and so garbage was a beautiful thing.........

4. Justwow

Justwow Banned

I suppose it might have been due to lack of facilities. But still, they didn't really seem to make much effort to clean it up. It just seems it would have made the whole thing more meaningful, a whole city-sized mass of well-behaved (I guess) people leaving the place as they found it.

5. lazysunbird

lazysunbird Member

It was pretty shocking to see just how much rubbish they left.

6. sila

sila Member

The fact that many of the audience weren't concerned with environmental issues or other "hippie" things but just wanted to listen to music may have had something to do with it. Some people are to lazy to care.

7. Freebird_

Freebird_ Member

Thats a good question. I never really thought about it...and there was a LOT of rubbish left behind...