Woodstock and Dead Sea Scroll Connections

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Dan67, May 29, 2007.

1. Yogi Bhairava

Yogi Bhairava Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Dear Mr.Dan67, we all know that you don't like to hear about taking LSD. I have a video that you can get from "Ram Dass Tapes",called "Fierce Grace" that has Dr. Huston Smith, the professor Emeritus of Philosophy at Berkeley currently, stating how he had the closest and most profound experience with the "personal God" on LSD than he ever had in his whole life. Dogma is time, space and mind, thus it can't reflect the immanent absolute.

2. Yogi Bhairava

Yogi Bhairava Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

P.S. Have you ever heard of the "Kundalini Devi?" We'll, neither has the Old Testament, but she is talking through your mouth right now.

3. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

a drop in the ocean, Franklin!

4. Dan67

Dan67 Member

All forms of intoxication are the same, when they become an escape from reality and health risk. Besides this, intoxication tends to divide us from each other rather than bringing us closer. It also makes it easier to surpress a conscience. A portion of the Damascus Document: For they sought smooth things and they preferred illusions (Isa. 30; 10) and they watched for breaks (Isa. 30; 13) and chose the fair neck; and they justified the wicked and condemned the just, and they transgressed the Covenant and violated the Precept.... One case in point is the Duke Rape situation. In this case the crooked prosecutor is ending up losing his law license, but how many such cases have never been found out?

5. The Beat Poetess

The Beat Poetess Member

Just a quick interjection--

Joni Mitchell wrote "Woodstock", CSNY covered it.

Continue! :D

6. jagerhans

pah, get lost.

7. Dan67

Dan67 Member

The loosest connection could be between your ears. If you have read my website and the Damascus Document then you would learn that drugs and alcohol can be contributing factors for people being the way they are. Keep in mind some key words, their wine is their WAYS......

8. Dan67

Dan67 Member

How do you know what I wanted to emphasize? Talk about bullshit!

9. jagerhans

hear who calls the kettle black.

no, it's the whole religion thing which is crap. thousands of years listening to priest who spread bullshit that only brought us wars, hatred and silly superstitions, of which this hallucinatory thread is a good sample. religions are good only to refrain the istincts of ignorant people which can only be educated through irrational fears. religion is the opium of the people. (btw i dont consider myself an atheist, as long as i believe that God cant be involved in such nonsenses).

proof is that once again you are starting to insult each other and on an unbelievably paradoxical religious issue that at best deserves a huge laugh. this is not very nice and definitely not christian, whatever this abused word means.

i suspect that if this debate had been held among present people, it would degenerate into violence.

10. gshdgns

gshdgns Member

Hey, how about the connection between the last Harry Potter book, the Gnostic scriptures, and the lyrics to "I've Got A Loverly Bunch Of Coconuts"

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

11. Freewheelin Franklin

Freewheelin Franklin Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'm sure it would, at the least, make as much sense as what DAN67 wrote!