Wooden piece

Discussion in 'Show Your Piece' started by Konulu, May 7, 2007.

1. Konulu

Konulu Member

I recently purchased a small wooden pipe which has a small bowl and a rather large shot gun at the end (it's almost like a tiny steamroller, which is why I call it steamy) and it gives massive hits for its size.

The bowl screws on and off and I have cut down a screen and shoved it inside of the bowl so I can smoke bottom of the bag, needless to say steamy was a steal at only 6 dollars canadian.

My only problem is removing the res from inside of it, my question is if I use the rubbing alcohol to clean it out (the soaking method) will it take away some of its wonderful dark colour (it is made out of a deep brown wood that smells almost like sandalwood but is quite hard)?

2. Jack_Straw2208

Jack_Straw2208 Senior Member

take the screen out, get a shotglass full of rubbing alcohol, dunk a pipe cleaner (buy them at headshops or tobacco stores, not craft stores) in the alcohol and pipe-clean with the pipecleaner.... and you can soak the screen if you want to...

but yeah dont put finished wood in some sort of solvent, i dont know if its a good idea or not, but why risk it?

3. Konulu

Konulu Member

Thanks for the advice.

Are you sure I can't use a craft store pipe cleaner though?