Wizard of Oz symbolism

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Lodog, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Inca

Inca Member

You are from the North (like me) then I take it. ;)

2. odonII

odonII O

Another two hours to see if they do or don't play the tune in full (all 51 breathtaking seconds of it) - they have played in full:
    (No. 35)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnToK3kSKKg"]not sensibles, I'm in Love With Margaret Thatcher - YouTube

[​IMG]

http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/13/im-in...-against-ding-dong-the-witch-is-dead-3614510/

3. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

It's profound that the Wizard of Oz predicted the fall of Building 7.

Perhaps even more profound is the realization that the general public can be made to believe anything.

4. deviate

deviate Senior Member

That sounds like a good time. Sometimes it's fun to be a stereotypical hippie stoner :sifone:

When it comes to boomers I have to be in the right mood to want to eat them, and had been holding onto those for awhile now. Well, as soon as that video started playing I was like yup.. it's time.

5. broony

broony Banned

Study the banking system and it will ruin many things for you...you'll find movies aint such a big deal...

6. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Pareidolia - The imagined perception of a pattern or meaning where it does not actually exist.

7. Lodog

Lodog ¿

Well. I can see Baum putting a little political subtext into his story based on events at the time. I don't think made to seem prophetic or anything. Probably something just to show his peers "look how clever I am"

8. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Nope altho I've lived up North for a while.
    Lots of people down South would've strung Thatch-hore up with piano wire too. Even a lot of Cuntservatives I've met, would piss on its grave.

I can't wait for Wednesday.. :cheers2:

9. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

10. Inca

Inca Member

I'm surprised at that, since Conservatives think life begins and ends in London. Margaret Thatcher screwed the North over big time.

I think trouble is ahead on Wednesday. Despite what she did, I am not joining in with "The Witch is Dead" mentality as I think that is just childish and disrespectful (I never disrespect the dead.)

She is dead now, all the "Witch dead" songs in the world won't make any difference whatsoever, and will not change anything she has done that impacts life today.

I do strongly disagree with the cost of her funeral, but that isn't going to change either. I just hope no irresponsible riots are going to start again.