Witnessing

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by still_life, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Professor Jumbo

Professor Jumbo Mr. Smarty Pants

Umm yeah. Nobody every said anything about not talking, I really don't know where you got that one from. The point is that it matters what you talk about. I'll try to explain this again in a way that you might understand.

Christ did not send out the twelve so that they could talk about how they "found Christ" or what "Jesus had done for them" or that Jesus is lord and everybody who disagrees goes to hell or even that Jesus saved them from sin. Neither did He send them out to bring people the teachings of Paul or the Levitican code. Christ sent out the twelve to bring people His teachings such as those included in Matthew chapter 7 and yes, talking is allowed, no shit Sherlock. Christ says "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." Matthew 7:21

2. gnombient

gnombient Member

I'm not really comfortable with the approach taken by college groups a la Campus Crusade for Christ or the door-to-door evangelists. If a friend or someone else asks me about my faith, I tell them what I believe. Likewise, if I'm asked for advice, any advice I provide will be based (at least in some way) on my faith. I'd hardly consider that "forcing" my beliefs upon someone...

3. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl Banned

Im not a big fan of the whole 'canvassing' approach, although it is definately not 'forcing' just because someone comes to your door to invite you to their church.

If they start phoning people at dinner time then .. that would be 'too far' I say.