Withdrawl help - OTC options?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by CatalystNX, Oct 12, 2013.

1. CatalystNX

CatalystNX Guest

I'm about to finish the last of my oxy tomorrow and won't be able to get more for a week and am pretty well expecting withdrawl to become an issue during that time. I don't have access to anything that's not over the counter.

Is there anything - or any combo of OTC medications - that might help at least ease the symptoms a bit? I've seen a couple YouTube videos about this sort of thing, but they tend to be all over the place from video to video.

Has anyone had any success easing withdrawl even a little with OTC meds?

2. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Have you thought of seeing your local florist for some dried Pods to make tea with?

3. ZenStateOfMind

ZenStateOfMind Member

Depending where your located you can possible get T1's OTC which have 7mg of codiene and use those to taper down. Not the best solution though.

Im about to go through oxy withdrawls as well and its never easy. I've found that OTC medications to ease withdrawls are very hit and miss. For me they usually make things worse. Such as benadryl and dxm. But hey they might help you.

What i have found that helps is lots of advil and water, hot showers before bed, benzos, and marijuana when needed for sleep.

Let me know if you find anything useful that i may try though.

Peace&Love

4. p0rkch0p

p0rkch0p Member

The chemical in anti diarrhea meds is one molecule off of fentanyl...... Lots of lower mine or whatever it's called.... Stops the shits and eases withdrawal...... Went 9 days no oxy and it helped....

5. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

Loperamide, and it's found in Imodium. They contain 2mg each, and you have to take a lot of them, but yeah they do give some relief. I would say at least 20mg per day. As for the T1's, you can't get otc narcotics in the US.

6. p0rkch0p

p0rkch0p Member

Lol spell check fucked me there lol

7. p0rkch0p

p0rkch0p Member

Lol spell check fucked me there lol

8. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

lol. Anyway, I've used it before. When I had my 2nd wd and realized it wasn't the flu I bought 2 boxes of the stuff and took 10 pills per day. It wasn't what you would call a cure for wd's, but it prevented the runs every 15 min. and made it a little bit easier to get around. I think that if you up the dosage even more it will work even better. I've heard of people taking 100mg per day or more, but I wouldn't recommend that. Besides, Imodium isn't cheap, unless you go to someplace like Costco and get a huge box.

9. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

This was back in the old days,,and I dont know if you can even get it from a doctor these days,,,,but it was a commen med back in the 70,s- -

TINCTURE OF OPIUM LIQUID - >>medication used to treat diarrhea. It helps to decrease the number and frequency of bowel movements. It works by slowing the movement of the intestines.
    A very weak solution was used for withdrawal symptoms my kid had because his mother and I were addicted to narcotics during her pregnancy.- Hey, it was fucked up(lotta guilt) .. luckily he went thru only few days of minor w/d- They let us take him home after 2 days & gave a small bottle to use if necessary- -We didnt need to use it,as he was fine,,,and is fine today- -

oops- you asked about OTC - I really never went that way. Maybe Imodium..like already mentioned?__

10. Mothman

Mothman Senior Member

You can buy Kratom legally. I've heard of people using it to help combat withdrawal. Here is a trusted source of it http://www.bouncingbearbotanicals.com/kratom-c-60_91.html#.UlqrRr7D-P8. I've used the red vein borneo and found it to be affordable and pretty strong. I used to grind it up in a coffee grinder and toss it back on a spoon and then wash it down with OJ. It made me sleep though so I stopped using it.

11. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

http://www.erowid.org/plants/poppy/poppy_info2.shtml

12. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

I really think that the #1 trick is NOT to go cold turkey, when coming off of anything with a significant level of addictiveness. I would not recommend getting addicted to a drug. HOWEVER, once one is addicted, I would recommend slowly tapering dosage until you're on nil, whenever possible :)