Withdrawal

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by dixie_pixy, Feb 15, 2009.

1. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

After being off pot for a week I am so sick of the symptoms. I've had small head aches all week and have had a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep. Who knew that I depended so much on pot as a daily part of my life. Well, at least next week it's back to smoking again! I miss it but am glad to be rid of the paranoia that goes along with it.

**weighing out the options paranoia vs withdrawal... withdrawal is much better!**

2. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

yeah pot wd's can be gnarly. When i quit cold turkey for 2 weeks it was tough to sleep but when I did i was having beautiful vivid dreams of a psychedelic nature. that was back when i smoked 1.5 grams a day. now maybe half a gram a day and the wd's are gentle, but I couldn't get to sleep if I didn't smoke that day.
    when you blaze up again your gonna be glad you endured the break xD !

3. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

4. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

Adding to the all mighty post count I see!

5. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

ya thats what i was thinking. Try watching someone getting off heroin now theres some real withdrawals

6. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

Sucks to be those people! Too bad they won't just put down the needle and smoke a happy joint!

7. young_deadhead

well you do realize that shit is kinda hard to quit and most addicts cant even smoke pot once they get clean or they'll go right back to shooting up.

8. lucjl volcin

lucjl volcin Senior Member

the withdrawal from coffee is worse than cannabis

9. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

No self control. I really don't have respect for people that put themselves into positions they can't get out of. Take responsibility for your own lives. I do see that many people do have this problem, the sad thing is that when faced with rehab by those that love and support them they still choose not to take action. I just can't say that I have any sympathy for those individuals, I pity them but I still believe that they should take personal responsibility.

As for the original statement of individuals who have to go through withdrawal of heroin, I can only imagine. I've had to deal with a few slight head aches and sleep issues, the physical pain of heroin withdrawals have got to be unruly. I do, however, have a massive amount of respect for those who do take the steps to recovery. It's a scary situation, but a life centered around drugs is even scarier.

10. young_deadhead

have you ever met any addicts before? it isnt always completely their fault.

11. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

Yeah, like someone just held another person down against their will and shot poisonous liquids into their veins. For every 200 addicts I would say that maybe 1 of them has a reason that's not their fault! Even if it's peer pressure, it's still their own fault. Why can't people just take responsiblity for their own actions and stop blaming the government, economy or a bad child hood. If someone were to plea insanity I may buy that one but there would need to be proof of a mental disorder before the use of drugs! That junkie chose to pick up that needle/pipe/whatever and use it. They could have just as easily gone to church or a clinic. Personal responsibility... you do the crime you pay the time. It's as simple as that and if you disagree, go do some reasearch. I'm sure there are plenty of doctors, lawyers and theorists who would all say the same.

12. Nero_Designs

Nero_Designs Inhaled Dreams

Someone might have told them something like...
    "just try it once man. No harm!"
    Or they may have been unaware of the cons. Because they were lied too.

I've never had weed withdrawl, maybe people just get used to the effects ( like good sleep), and when they go back to normal it feels funny.

I DID have minor oxycodone withdrawls. Not fun, but not terrible... Just after I did it daily for a week.

13. mr.greenxxx

Im not taking the time to type a long post explaining how i disagree with everything you say dixie.

But have fun.

14. young_deadhead

na dude i think you should go ahead and do it. Partly cause i dont have the energy to do it myself

15. mr.greenxxx

Im trying a new approach in life. Usually, when someone talks about something they know little to none about, i argue for a long time to prove them wrong, its like maybe an ego thing... i use to justify it by just saying, well arguing leads to both sides learning something... which usually isnt true... i learn something, the other person just fucks off and continues to spread stupidity...

So now im kinda just letting the fool have his way, im sick of telling people the same shit, if they really wanted to know, they would find out, instead of just shouting baaaah!

This place is just like my life too, i argue too much.

16. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

dixie, aren't you the one saying you're withdrawing from marijuana?!?!

and yet you're bitching about people who have real fucking problems, scuffling just to function normally, actually dead sick and saying you have no respect for them?

when you're bitching about withdrawing, would mean you're addicted, which in my opinion, the people who get addicted to something like marijuana are the weakest little pieces of shit that bring all the negativity to it.

i'm not trying to hate, i'm just trying to bring sense, like come on. you're hating on addicts and then you're one yourself?

edit: also, you don't know those people's fucking stories, so why don't you take a fat one to the mouth like you should so you wouldn't spew trash about something you couldn't even dream up. inbe4imbanned:rolleyes:

17. comfortably_numb9

comfortably_numb9 an asshole

18. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

It's still personal responsibility. I had a girl in highschool constantly try to get me to do crank. She always gave me that line and I always knew I didn't want to fuck with that shit. No excuses!

19. Nero_Designs

Nero_Designs Inhaled Dreams

:iagree:

Like the new sig too.

20. KevinH

KevinH Just Floating Here

I'll give you that "it's personal responsibility" to start-it's dumb. But it's REALLY hard for users to stop. It changes them. They can't stop. And when they do stop they usually do it again.

You may not understand. Once you have some friends that go thru it-and you're still friends with them when they are going thru it-you learn. It sucks.