Withdraw

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Bigredd, May 29, 2004.

1. Bigredd

Bigredd Member

Does anyone know how long Marijuana Withdraw last for? Ive heard some places that their is no withdrawl, is that true?

2. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

theres no withdrawl like other drugs, the only affects i've noticed are irritibility and tiredness

3. WeedChica

WeedChica Member

4. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

Withdrawl isn't how I'd describe the after effects of quitting bud... Withdrawl is usually associated with shakes, coldness, headaches, lethargy, and the like.

5. twoseeeyes

twoseeeyes Member

Withdrawls vary from person to person depending on various things:

1. Days, months, or years straight smoking

2. Degree of addictive personality

3. Your environment.

When I get withdrawls, I get real irritable, i sweat constantly, and lose a lot of sleep. It's no where near the withdrawls for cigerettes or other drugs, you could definitely go a whole day without smoking no problem. It's the NEXT day that hurts more. The thing is tho I only taken 1 week break in 3 years. If you haven't been constantly smoking the withdrawl effects are noticeably less.

6. bertrose

bertrose Member

The only withdrawal effects I have noticed is tiredness and boredom. It hasn't MADE me smoke more, I can EASILY quit smoking for along time. Also, Im usually really hyper and jumpy and I talk alot, when I've been smoking weed and for a week after, I am more mellowed out and less energetic.

7. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

There is no scientific evidence of physical addiction with marijuana users,that is what they would like you to think!!!!There may be some physical pertaining to med users who have none whom rely on for the comfort of for particular ailments or the low percentage of people with addictive personalities.It is all mental in my experience with well over 2 decades of daily use.Physical addiction in reference to tobacco,cocaine,and heroin in no way pertain to marijuana unless a person is prone to addictive tendencies.In essence marijuana as a physically addictive substance is a crock of shit!Physological yes

8. Alex_12

Alex_12 Member

It's nothing like cocaine or heroin withdrawal.

Even cigartettes are harder to stay away from than weed.

9. I_Am_A_Robot

I_Am_A_Robot Member

i got withdrawl but i dont have a stable mentality. and i take alot of medicine or used to when i got the withdrawl. but i was smoking it everyday.
    i would get angry sometimes , i would have breakdowns and a week after withdrawl and then smoking once i went to a mental institution. but that was for different reasons , though withdrawl could have some issues. since im very paranoid on weed , becuz im very paranoid sober

10. bertrose

bertrose Member

The only way you could POSSIBLY be addicted by Marijuana is if u smoke it everytime u want to feel good. Look at obese people, they eat usually because they think it makes them happy, people on cigarettes are the people that smoke when they are stressed, hense the phrase, "I 'need' a cigarette", people who run all the time run to relieve stress, people addicted to 'pain killers' are addicted because they take them when nothing physically is wrong with them, its when they think the 'pain' killers works for stress, etc....

Its only if u abuse a drug for the WRONG reasons is when you will get hooked, If u smoke weed just to have some fun once in awhile, thenn...
    HAPPY TOKIN'!

11. lordcthulhu

lordcthulhu Member

Isn't that minor withdrawl, lol.

But I expirience the same thing, too.

12. Bigredd

Bigredd Member

I was never a real heavy smoker, i just smoked on the weekends for like 4 months or so. I just feal like im haveing withdrawal now that i havent smoked for 2 months. The only real reason i quit was beacuse of sports. I was planing on starting again but im not sure. I get alot of head aches and im tired all the time even though its been 2 months.

13. Master Shake

Master Shake Member

I smoked every day, several times a day, for 5 years straight. Then I had to quit for a few months. In the beginning, all I noticed was that it was more difficult for me to fall asleep at night-because I was used to falling asleep to my usual "come down". Then as the months progressed, I began feeling more clear headed and eventually retained my memory to what it was prior to starting smoking. Other than that, I had no withdrawl symptoms...I was just bummed that my friends could all smoke but I was left to only observe.

14. PITPAT

PITPAT Member

well over 2 decades? were you smoking in the womb? :)

15. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

your basically going to have a withdrawl from it for however long you want it after you quit. you cant just scientifically say its 2 weeks and expect it, just deal with it and youll eventually forget about pot.

as for symptoms of withdrawl, usually you get increased boredom, i get colds alot after i stop smoking, and a loss of appetite. I started smoking cigarettes to help me quit, and it works quite well if you dont mind darkening you lungs a bit to pass a drug test.

16. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

Pitpat,you should really pay attention in math class with a decade being being 10 years and Im 37 ,you seem to have a inability to add!Know the facts before you open your mouth,and study your math as that seems to be one of your educational down falls.