With War in Iran Comes a Draft at Home

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Lucifer Sam, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

If this happens, hopefully I can get the hell out of here. Fucking stupid ass U.S. :mad:

2. Logan9998

Logan9998 Member

we could fake being homosexual..its considered a disease by the military right??

3. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

Yes, you could possibly do that, but they'd probably kick the shit out of you.

4. Logan9998

Logan9998 Member

good point...fucking...hypocritical...conservative psychos

5. Lucifer Sam

If/when we do in fact attack Iran, I will seriously look into abandoning my United States citizenship and applying for citizenship in another nation. There is no way that any justice will be done in this America. The Bush Administration will not be tried for war crimes, and order will not be restored in this "new American century." Your best bet now is to simply look out for number one: yourself.

6. Logan9998

Logan9998 Member

why does america *try* to police the world? isnt that the U.N.'s job??

7. Lucifer Sam

Well, you're not seeing the big picture. The US isn't trying to "police the world." Their goal is imperialism and the control of the earth's remaining hydrocarbon fuel supplies. The US is at war for itself.

8. Rafaela

Rafaela Member

It's not likely, especially because the president prmoised a no draft policy during election. SO you dont have till next elections to worry

9. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

well you never know...bush could easily go back on his word and say that "a draft is needed fight against the evil doers."

10. Logan9998

Logan9998 Member

the terrrrrists.."We'll smoke 'em outta their caves"

11. Lucifer Sam

So what? Just because Bush said so, there won't be one? Since when does he tell the truth?

Look, all you have to do is look at the facts. We cannot fight a war in Iran without more troops. How are we going to get those troops without a large-scale draft? Frankly, I'm just not seeing a bunch of young guys ready to sign up to go die in the Middle East, so the military will need a new way to generate troops. As far as I can tell, a draft is the only way.

12. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

Politicians lie to get in office... he also lied about following a certain religion... going back a couple years, he went to war with no proof that Iraq had wmd's, and no proof that Saddam was going to attack us, but look what he told the world...

13. Ash_Freakstreet

Ash_Freakstreet Hmm.... GROOVY!

I think that there is no way I can avoid service, I will have to go if I am called... but if the draft is re-instituted, GWB will be the most unpopular president in recent history, he made a promise to his constituents that there will be no draft, and they would like to see that promise kept.

But I am also pretty much convinced that the administration is planning an attack against Iran, but they will never admit it's a war.

I think the Bush administration will start with a few skirmishes and will name them "surgical strikes" and "shock and awe tactics" and it will escalate into an "expanded conflict" but not "war"... they are good at making up euphemisms.

I wonder what the euphemism for "draft" will be. "Patriotic Internship", perhaps?

14. herbalgenius311

herbalgenius311 Member

I would have to agree with soulrebel the admin will try to pull something crazy like schlorships or huge tax cuts (gee would'nt that just be giving our money back to us in exchange for our children) yeah im only 16 but i have plenty of older friends and i worry about this as much as anyone else

15. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Not to mention if it does happen, I seriously doubt it will be over quickly.

16. Lucifer Sam

Isn't he already? [​IMG]

17. Logan9998

Logan9998 Member

LOL thats a good one.

18. Lucifer Sam

"On Monday US President George W. Bush said he could not rule out a resort to military action if the United States failed to persuade Iran to abandon a nuclear energy program it charges is a cover for developing the bomb." - Yahoo! News

So, it sounds as if Iran does not suspend its nuclear energy program, which an Iranian spokesman said they refuse to do, U.S. military action will ensue. How nice. Well, it's just another piece to add to the new Iranian puzzle. You can read the whole article here.

19. Ash_Freakstreet

Ash_Freakstreet Hmm.... GROOVY!

Well, he is very polarizing but not really unpopular. To be unpopular you would have to be somebody like Hoover or Nixon.

20. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

Why the hell are they so worried about some dirt-poor country making nuclear power? I'm quite sure, that even if Iran did make a nuclear weapon or two, a country that small is not stupid enough to use it against a country such as the U.S. They would be wiped off the face of the Earth.

Why the hell aren't countries like Russia and China being threatened, whom use nuclear power themselves.. or why isn't the U.S. being told to stop their production of nuclear weapons? It's pretty well-known that nobody has more nuclear weapons than this country does.