With War in Iran Comes a Draft at Home

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Lucifer Sam, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

Meh, doesn't phase me. I'd just go to jail and become Birtha's love-sister.

2. Logan9998

Logan9998 Member

i feel for you guys, i got 3 years...can they draft you out of college?

3. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

Yeah, but what are the requirements for becoming a Canadian citizen? They're kind of a bitch in the US...

It would almost surely be another Vietnam, and that's not even considering a continued war/occupation in Afghanistan and Iraq at the same time.

As I posted earlier:

This is true. A new draft would likely include females.

College probably won't get people out of this one, either.

No, it's a "when."

The neo conservatives have been asking for this for a long time. Now, news networks are already saying there will be a war in Iran, and the Pentagon has sent spys into Iran. What is really sick is the fact that they're going in under the Pentagon instead of the CIA so that they don't have to report to Congress at all...

Do that, and you're just looking to get yourself put in a FEMA camp. In time, I have a feeling that protesting will have a striking resemblance to terrorism, in the government's eyes.

4. Pa_Hippie124

Pa_Hippie124 Member

its supposed to happen in the Beginning Of the summer right ?????

5. Lucifer Sam

I'm not sure about that. I haven't heard any real dates yet. I'm not sure if anyone other than the CIA/Pentagon/White House really has that information at this point.

6. Logan9998

Logan9998 Member

so...i have 3 years..thats enough time to get citizenship to another country probably...

7. Pa_Hippie124

Pa_Hippie124 Member

I Would never defend my country under George bush Admin

8. Lucifer Sam

Well, don't jump the gun... wait around and see what happens. Plus, if other countries are like the US, then you need to live there for five years to become a citizen.

9. Lucifer Sam

Well, that's just the thing. By fighting, you wouldn't be defending your country, you'd be sacrificing your life to better the already overly-pampered world elite.

10. FemmeFatale

FemmeFatale Member

Well then I'll just kidnap myself from the army. :rolleyes:

11. Logan9998

Logan9998 Member

what if the army kidnaps you back?

12. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Takes 18 months to become a full-citizen of Canada.

13. Lucifer Sam

Ahh, I see... as of now, though, I'm not about to pack up and leave. If/when the draft comes around, and if it's a choice to go there, there's a good possibility I will head to Canada.

14. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

If/when there is a draft, how do they decide who gets drafted?

15. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

well i never meant become canadian, i mean tjust hide out here to not get drafted...

16. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

I know that with Germany, you only have to live there for either 12 months and do social soervice or live there 6 months and work in their military. I would imagine it's pretty much the same for the rest of the European Union.

17. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

But come on guys, you dont have to fight. There is nobody who can force you to pick up a gun and shoot the "enemy". Just say no, and don't give in... they can't make you fight. Unless they took over your brain... :p

18. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

no but they'll put you in jail or give you a dishonerary discharge. people don't like to hire you after that's on your resume.

Anyway I still think that this whole draft thing is up in the air. No one can say for sure and if they DID, men who aren't in college are going to go first. THey don't take the smart ones into battle, we need them left over. Then possibly women, but i doubt it. People are really going to fight if their moms and sisters and wives are sent into war. I really don't see this happening personally.

19. jay

jay Member

rember if you get drafted to get a tatto that says "Fuck The Army" on the side of your hand so they get to see it when ever you salute

20. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

If America invades Iran it will lead to the downfall of the "American Empire", the whole arab world will be seriously pissed, Europe won't want to know them (apart from the Brits who aren't really part of the European mindset anyway) and it'll turn out to be faaaaar worse than Vietnam, when I get back from my travels in a year and if they are bringing in the draft I'll happily put someone up, if they wanna get out of America to avoid the draft and they can apply for Irish citizenship which isn't that hard to get.