With phish on the outs, whose gonna step up?

Discussion in 'Music' started by 7leafclover, Jun 6, 2004.

1. 7leafclover

7leafclover Member

After phish's final summer tour ends at coventry, who do you think will step up as the dominant jam band. When I say dominant, I don't mean superior to the other great jam bands, I just mean who will be the hottest ticket? My vote goes to Moe.

2. joe

joe Banned

Who's Gonna step up?

KISS!!!

3. mmmnuggets

mmmnuggets Member

honestly stringcheese i bet...id like to see a disco biscuits blossom but theyre taking it easy for now

4. tiki_god7

tiki_god7 Member

I hear moe's shows are getting rave reviews.....

5. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I can see Huey Lewis and the News finally stepping up.

6. WaitingForTheSun

WaitingForTheSun Member

String Cheese! Eh, they're already pretty big I guess. Maybe no one will step up so then they will be FORCED to reserect Jerry Garcia.

7. YogaOfLove

YogaOfLove Member

the cheese is almost at an equilibrium with phish, but also i think the big wu are awesome and i know theyre playing at summerfest(a big music festival in milwaukee, wi) with some bigger bands...who knows as long as some one is jammin everyone can feel groovy

8. Terrapin Flyer

Terrapin Flyer Banned

my guess would have to be keller williams, widespread, and gov't mule. i bet the dead stick around for a while too. i could be completely wrong though. who knows, maybe christina agulera will grow some dreads, eat some lsd, and show the world what she's really about. then again, maybe not. lovin' you.

~shine on in love and light~
    Sundance

9. MaryJeanne

MaryJeanne Member

my vote is totally going to moe. i'm a huge fan of their work and lately... all their shows have been incredible. i love being in the following right now too while its still smaller. once phish is out... moe. is gonna take over. i like moe. better than phish anyway. im gonna miss moe. at all the smaller venues though. i mean... when's the next time im gonna see them in a bar in vermont... *sigh* but definitely moe. is taking over the scene.

peace and love

10. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

Moe. is awesome in concert, but I just fell in love with Keller's music (also AMAZING live). I could care less who takes "the role" as mentioned before by Mary, I prefer live shows in smaller venues so that will be missed if one of my favorites gets huge. But I am still upset about the break up, and can't wait to see them in 2 weeks!

11. MichaelByrd1967

MichaelByrd1967 Garcia Wannabe

I'm gonna step up! Once I get some recording equipment, I'll be able to make an album, all by myself. No Producers, No Engineers, Just Me, Playing All The Instruments, Singing all of the vocals.

12. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

when the G. Dead went down, the smaller scenes got a huge jolt, and I'm hoping that this happens again.

On the Phish hiatus, SCI really pounded it and tried to grab that audience....
    with Panic going under... yeah... they said hiatus too. It's only a matter of time,
    Gov't Mule can't lose another member.. we lost Allen Woody four years ago, and thier appeal is closely related to radio rock crowds, so they'll do well, when Warren isn't with some other project... like the Dead.
    LoS is about done, although the official reports are mixed. For me no Drew , no Salmon.

I'd like to see Hookah and Tea Leaf Green step up, and I'd like to see some of the unrecognized monsters get a break.

Oh, Michael Byrd? will you rename yourself with a weird glyph? Prince did.
    (Prince is a multi-instrumentalist and recording engineer)

13. Tye Dye Jim

Tye Dye Jim Member

My guess would be String Cheeze.I really don't see anybody else picking up the slack. Truthfully, I'd love to see some of the smaller acts finally take off.

14. jamestowne

jamestowne Member

Honestly, I hope that Someone comletely new just comes out of nowhere. but otherwise I see String Cheese has got it and probably Ekoostic Hookah. Keller Williams also rocks but I don't see him having the momentum that Phish and the Dead have had. Actually I don't see anyone having THAT kind of momentum. Maybe Bela Fleck.

15. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

well since panic is not touring right now i am gonna go with MOE. They put on awesome shows, the second set is always what gets me.........

16. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

bela doesn't jam the way a mobile following demands/seeks.

I remember hearing them do the same song twice in one night!
    Cheese needs to know who and what they are and if they want to continue that.
    THey really aren't ready.

Bring on the mid-level blossoming!!!

17. HallucinatedGreenLig

HallucinatedGreenLig Member

My poor poor panic... i hate to hear it sound so "Phishy" (haha no pun intended) but moe. is kick ass in show, them or SCI gotta step it up they both are awesome!