with a little help from our friends

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by soaringeagle, Apr 8, 2007.

1. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

hate posting this, but, we're desperate

I think you guys already know that chevelle (dylanchick0113), pigtails and aura (autentique) and I have been working on buying this bus for the past few months.
    [​IMG]
    Chevelle has worked her ass off at 2 jobs from 7am-10pm.. 7 days a week, no rest, just work for us to get all we need.
    It's only a few more weeks until we pick it up and convert it to run on waste veggie oil but now we're having some problem thus the need of your help
    We are asking for all of you who read this and wants to help us with our bus traveling dream to help us with you can. Anything is something and we'll be extremeley grateful.. hey we could even give you a ride somewhere, someday...
    We need to raise a lot real quick so we are asking to please please please...
    pretty please with the puppy eyes and everything to anyone that reads this to pleaaaaase help us, nothing is too litlte.. even if it's pocket change we're happy
    we are not a fan of the asking for money but these problems came up in the last minute and we have a very short time to raise the money, didnt know what else to do and well you dont lose anything for asking and we have hope that a lot of you people out there can help us with just a little
    so..dont think about yea i should try to help, intead reach into your pocket, see whats there & drop it in an envelope now!!
    please save your postage & do not send pocket lint, but anything else, pennies & up would be a huge help.
    Thanx everybody. we love you

whats in your pocket right now?
    whatever ya got send to

pete golden
    4052 powelton ave #5
    philadelphia pa 19104

anything received over what we need or after the date we need it by will be returned

eternally grateful
    from all of us

2. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

I envy you lol! I really really want a bus like that! Have some fun, I'll do what I can!

3. peacechicka1

peacechicka1 Member

If I get any extra money hunnybunny - I will surely help you brother!!!!! HUGS!

4. Esprit

Esprit Member

u should get a paypal account my friend... probably get cash faster that way... wish i could help u out, but i got bill problems of my own... :(

5. soaringeagle

tried that had alotta probs almost lost alotta $
    but your right, might try again & if so i'll post info

6. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

what problems did you have with paypal? I found it really easy to set up it just took awhile to get everything verified.

7. soaringeagle

well when i tried settin it up here i kept getting sirte certificate revoked errors that wouldnt let me set up
    when the guy converting the bus set it up it let him set it up & get $ transfered to it but..he couldnt access the $ without a credit card which hre didnt have so we almost lost the $ transferreed to it.. & after a quick search fpund alotta ppl had that prob & many lost $ because of it

8. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

Okay, i have to reply to this. You see, normally, I would send money in a second, but, you see, a friend and I have the same dream. We are currently saving up for a bus to travel the world with and promote peace in. So i just want to say, I WISH YOU THE BEST WITH THIS! And, like i said, if i wasn't saving up for one myself, i would donate in a second!

Also, just wondering, are there certain places that sell old buses? Or, well, where do you find them? And are they expensive? I mean, i know their expensive, but....not quite sure how much money i'm going to need here.

9. soaringeagle

ebay.. start there.. theres also alotta places that sell used buses
    schoolbusses ya can usualy get for 1000-3000 tour busees 4-10,000 ya gotta be careful u dont get 1 with air breaks or u need a cdl to drive it..

10. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

How much more do you need?

11. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Pete, I used the couch cushion donation request to great results on my first 5K run.
    I figured if it is in the couch (car ashtray, under the rug) you don't even know you have it.

I'll be getting something out to help y'all....

12. soaringeagle

yea thats exactly what i was thinking..8 outta 10 of my freinds might have empty pockets..lol but every 1 of em has change scattered all over they're not even aware of..ofcourse you can spare what u dont even knows there :)

13. soaringeagle

got a call from chevy this morn & someone came through & we're able to breathe a sigh of relief & cover everything now except the veggie oil conversion
    so still hoping all our freinds can help in some tiny way to still make this happen
    lets try to keep this thread active the next couple weeks & see what happens & i'll close it when/if everything works out
    to every1 whos already offered to help, thank you sooo much you truly are beautiful wonderful people & love ya alot

btw the bus maybe renamed "endless possibilities" although havent had a chance to discuss it with every1 yet..but it is fitting.

14. soaringeagle