Winter Barefooting

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Deleted member 159087, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Anybody here still barefooting through these cooler (OK...cold) months (whatever your tolerance); barefoot forums (fora??) sure get quiet during winter

2. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

No problem cause I am in Florida.

nuspieds likes this.
  3. goodearth

goodearth Member

I can barefoot down to 39 degrees in the mountains of north Alabama.

nuspieds likes this.
  4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

mostly just between here and the laundry room at the other end of the apartment complex.

5. Barefoooter

Barefoooter Avid barefooter, living barefoot all year round

I'm barefoot all year round, even in winter and even outside, although the weather in Germany is rather mixed. I go barefoot all the way to a few degrees above freezing, except at work. In frost and snow, I also like to walk barefoot outside, but I'm not barefot in principle.

6. edde

edde Members

During winter : all time barefoot at home, sometime in forest but never in the streets.
    Staying barefoot with 0 degrees in the cities is too difficult for me with "social life". What do you think about it ?

7. Barefoooter

It's possible, but naturally a lot of people notice the bare feet.

8. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

Only in places that are private, like my home. Public barefooting I don't do during the winter, 'cause God knows I can do without the funny stares. Also, safety risk, since I can't control my surroundings in public settings. For example, I'd have zero knowledge of all the well-heated evac points, where I could retreat to warm my feet up, if their tolerance would run out. Also also, the inside of my car is so fucking cold during the winter months, like a freezer, before the heater finally kicks in. It'd be intolerable.

But inside the home it's fine.

9. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Much Prefer Winter Barefooting To Summer Nowadays......My Feet Aren't As Tough Now

As The Were 11 Years Ago When I Started Full Time Barefooting And 30c Plus On Bitumen

Can Be A Bit Of A Trial Sometimes......:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

10. edde

edde Members

To all barefooters who stop outdoor barefooting during winter : How are you doing to keep your feet strong and tough ?
    I want to keep my feet ready for next summer! :screamcat:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

they don't lose that much over a few months; it just takes a couple weeks to get back to normal in the spring.

besides that, going barefoot when indoors can't hurt.

edde likes this.
  12. edde

edde Members

Thanks for the advice, of course I'm going barefoot when indoors

13. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

I'm barefoot even in winter, as long as it's possible. Now here it's snowing quite a lot, so I bought some cheap plastic slippers and socks for those conditions ... otherwise I'm barefoot year round.

14. bfe2012

bfe2012 Barefooter

Im tryin and doing the same.

15. edde

edde Members

After a nice talk with a member of the forum, he motivated me to walk more barefoot in winter. I started today with a walk of 30 minutes in the snow (with -8°). Nice experience but painful after 25 minutes. Toes really frozen.

16. Barefoooter

Me too. In my experience it is no problem to walk barefoot in winter most of the time, if feet are well trained by walking barefoot extensively all year round.

edde likes this.
  17. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

Hi, your feet won’t lose all their good bf’s qualities just by going covered for some months. After a few days of barefoting, they’ll be in good shape pretty soon again. But you can also try to keep some training in winter, for example doing short walks outside (like bringing the garbage to the bin, getting fuel or picking up a parcel at the post office …) or going barefoot somewhere where it’s not so cold (like in a mall, at a concert, at a trade fair …). Have fun!

SoftSoles and edde like this.
  18. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

you shouldn't push too hard. Just do as long as it's fun for you.

edde likes this.
  19. edde

edde Members

Thanks ! Have fun too !

20. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

What was it that you talked about, if I may ask?
    For sure it'll get painful after that time, in those conditions. Trust me, I know. If your tissues got hard and numb, you're then moving in the frostbite danger zone. Don't ignore the danger from this, and definitely do not exceed that 30 minutes. If frostbite occurs, you'll need medical attention, and if your feet fall victim to this condition, you will not barefoot ever again after that. Keep in mind. And always keep a bucket of warm water available, if you need to do an emergency warm-up. Remember, we feel pain for a reason.