winning an argument online is like winning the special olympics....

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by WhatIs, May 30, 2004.

1. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Members

it's still dissing on the handicapped and retarded, I dont like it, nor do I think it should have been posted..it's mean, hateful, and cruel..also if someone you knew...were retarded and were the poster boy for that cruel, lame and mean joke..would it not uspet/offend you? just something to think about..Peace ya'll

2. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Heres a nice little paradox. The original poster is what? Online and arguing with people who disagree with his point. These people are also- Online. No sence of irony by anyone?

3. metro

metro self-banned

I didn't realise until after I first responded to this thread that it was in the young hippies forum, -it was in the "new posts", but still at any age really it's inappropriate. I wasn't "yelling" just trying to convey my thoughts, nobody seemed to understand. It's not that I don't have a sense of humor.
    Glad you agree/understand antithesis!

edit:
    Darklunacy- yeah, I agree and that is why I was asking what exactly tor's point was. I like discussing things on the internet as much as in person.

4. serra

serra tentacle girl

and we are exercising OUR rights of free speech to tell you that we think that what you posted is rude and juvenille.

people who make fun of those with dissabilites are souless. it's not like these people wake up one day and say, hey, i think i will have frontal lobe damage which will isolate me inside my mind without the ability to comunicate myself to this lot! i think it will be fun to go through life with an added set of difficulties!

being an ignorant prick isn't an uncontrollable dissability. being disabled is.

5. Enonemouse

Enonemouse Happy Wanderer

And people are wondering why I am drifting away from this forum. I can't believe that any of you found any of this funny. Handicapped people deserve the same respect as everyone else. I just feel so disgusted with you all I had to post this. (oh not the people who posted the same thoughts)

I understand what your saying about the site but I am sure you could have found a more tackful way of stating it.

No Love & Deep Sadness
    EnonEmouse

6. Enonemouse

Enonemouse Happy Wanderer

That comment wasn't directed at you but the people who know me as I have been asked why I am not around as much anymore. I just don't understand peoples needs to bash other people down for what ever the reason. There seems to be far too much bitchin and arguing now and general slagging off contests. I just don't understand. Why the need to try and cause arguements and upset?????

Love & Sadness
    EnonEmouse

7. thepixies

thepixies Member

metro i love your signature, i loved that book