Wingsuit Flying

Discussion in 'COOL Activities' started by jaredfelix, Mar 26, 2013.

1. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

Ok I just HAD to dedicate a thread to this awesomeness and especially after just seeing this vid. I've seen so many wingsuit videos and this one has to be the best. I am definitely doing this soon...

Dream Lines IV - Wingsuit proximity by Ludovic Woerth & Jokke Sommer - YouTube
    :2thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2018
  2. HoneySuckleBlue

HoneySuckleBlue Cosmic Artist

That is so badass!!!

3. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Seen it, but it's always fucking crazy to see again.

But I can't help but think, it looks like some of the movement is counter-intuitive, and contradicts our instincts, and you can't have perfect control, a lot of that looks to be lucky guess work, and pushing things towards the ground and hoping it works. I think there's a few places there where they probably scared themselves.

Do you know how fast they're going? because it looks to be in excess of 100mph, I can't imagine surviving a crash, it would be like riding a hellfire missile and walking away...

Also, it's nuts that they don't have ballistic parachutes. One of those, on a deadman switch, would probably (in my uninformed opinion) have the potential to save (many) lives.

I'd also be interested to see how hard they can pull up, or what a stall looks like -- and if it's survivable, because they always seem to use very steep areas, but it's hard to get a feel for what kind of angle it really works on. And how low their parachutes work, or at what combinations of downward and forward speed they would work.

Don't die man. I'd love to do it, but it looks expensive as fuck, and I've got people in my life NOT to die for. But I'm sure if I ever become terminally ill, I'll max some credit cards, buy a sheet of acid, and go do that :p

4. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i'll have to watch some of this video, because yeah...it's pretty cool.

i think i saw a video where a guy was trying to go under a bridge and he fucking hit it. it was similar to when a semi truck hits a deer on the highway. not much left afterwards...

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

id imagine hitting a power-line and be sliced in two at that speed..

bucket list.. Id do that, but in open air, over water or something..

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

At those speeds it wouldn't matter if you were over water... You'd splat anyways.

7. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

I don't think it's counterintuitive. I have skydived so I'd kind of compare it to that .... and that wasn't counterintuitive, or at least not to me.

And I don't really know how much you can go by lucky guesswork at this speed and terrain. Not much room for error really.

8. bluewatersurfer

bluewatersurfer Members

I would try this
    Cannot be any more dangerous than
    surfing a large set
    No way on rock Face climb

9. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Looks pretty cool, but very damn foolish