Windows Reinstall instructions

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by Pygot, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Pygot

Pygot Member

I have 7 svchosts running on my pc...i want to reinstall windows and rid of all these svchosts...how do i reinstall windows were everything is new again?

2. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

stick in he cd & follow the promps windows is very easy to install, at 1 point ya can take a quick nap & it;'ll just go through the proccess on its own (about 1/2 way through i think)
    7 scvchosts sounds like a virus prob you should have 3-4
    quite a few viruses pretend to be scvchost
    do u have a decent virus scannr & keep it updated?

3. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

oh & if it is a virus just reinstalling may not fix it you can either remove the virus, or, reformat, you might be ok with just reinstalling, but then again u might not

4. Pygot

Pygot Member

i have norton 2005 with webroot spysweeper...
    How can i possably reinstall windows, im sorry but i need more details...Do u boot it from cd, load it in windows, or what? and when if i do boot from cd what option do i select, when i try to select repair windows, it asks me to put in the administrator password...but i m the administrator, and i did put in the password. Says it is incorect?

5. White Feather

White Feather Senior Member

6. Esty

Esty Member

google svchosts.exe & learn......reinstalling windows aint gonna help you.....all those things you want to go away are required.....like the hairs in your nose, that you hate, that clean & filter the air that you breath :)

7. mircuser

mircuser Member

Uhhh, no not realy....4 - 5 are the recuired and stock ammount....i have 7, i already knew the 6 were cool because i know where i got my 6th one, the 7th one came from no where...when i did a windows repair it got the 7th one out...but now i have a problem with accessing the controll pannel, i get an error in regards to ntdll.dll and after i click ok, it prompts me to restart

EDIT: this is why id ont like windows....its so shitty, thank god for linux

8. mircuser

mircuser Member

so now that i had trouble i just sauid fuck it, and reinstaleld...im now having trouble installing these shitty resource cd's

9. al_from_mn

al_from_mn Member

Don't try to reinstall windows on top of itself, you will have problems. You have to reformat your hard drive first. Go to www.bootdisk.com, download the dos 6.0 bootdisk file, and run it to copy it to a floppy. Turn your computer off, stick the floppy in, and boot it from the floppy. You should get a dos prompt, type fdisk. Delete every partition you have. Take out the floppy and put the windows cd in, it should be self-explanatory from there :)

Alex

Feel free to PM me if you need more help.

10. mircuser

mircuser Member

no i reformated my c: NTFS partition.... then properly installed windows on to the C ntfs!! >: / im kool.... tss..