Will you take a vaccine against Covid 19?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by pattymary, May 25, 2020.

1. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Its not very pleasant is it even if you only get a mild illness like me . It still craps you up and then there are the lingering after effects as well .

So my message is simples. If your get offered the vacinne then take it

2. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

I've had my two jabs. Pfizer. Slight sore arm and a bit more tired than usual. Headache. Those symptoms could be seasonal allergies though as I got my shots when everything was blooming and I get those same symptoms every spring.

3. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I had the same symptoms, sore arm, sluggishness, mild stiff-neck headache, all a small price to pay.

4. Existensile

Existensile Member

From a book review about the bubonic plague, c. 2005, in 1995 a woman in Colorado contracted the plague after hitting a squirrel w/ the lawnmower. None of these diseases have been completely eradicated, altho the vaxes sure help to avoid severities!

I'm afraid the mainstream media not much help in explaining the CoVid vax: Only once have I seen cited that the standard annual flu vax only 40-50% effective. The emphasis on the various vax % effectiveness appears to imply that one day it'll reach 100%, if people will only wait. I've been fully vaxed but have decided I will always wear a mask or two, simply because after DJT I cannot trust my fellow Americans.

A quote attributed to Winston Churchill: "Americans always to the right thing .... after they've tried everything else!" Seems appropriate for this topic.

Escierto and MeAgain like this.
  5. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Actually, it isn't just the right wing zealots. I think most of the original anti-vaxers included a lot of New Age types and environmenalists worried about impurities and toxins. The anti-vax movement’s radical shift from crunchy granola purists to far-right crusaders As the article explains, back in the day Anti-vaxxers "tended to pride themselves on the purity of their lifestyles—they bought organic groceries, railed against genetically modified food, and were suspicious of the electromagnetic waves emitted by cellphones." In fact, a leading environmentalist and lawyer was Robert Kennedy, Jr., son of the late brother of JFK and Democrat presidential candidate. But more recently there has been a shift in tone and message, roughly corresponding to the rise of the Alt Right and Trump. "Instead of fretting over unwholesome additives in vaccines, members now rant about government overreach." The danger is that the anti-vax movement is merging with Retrumplican politics to a level impeding control of Covid.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    Escierto likes this.
  6. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

We can only hope Darwin solves the antivax problem soon. The species might be better for it.

wrat1 likes this.
  7. MrJingles

MrJingles Members

I got my first jab about a month ago

8. wrat1

wrat1 Members

More Orwellian disinformation , flat earthers /anti vaxxers , crazy world today ignorance is strength

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

"I've been fully vaxed but have decided I will always wear a mask or two, simply because after DJT I cannot trust my fellow Americans."

Me, too. Just got my second jab, and I've got a 200 ct. box of masks for when I absolutely can't escape venturing out into the Idiocracy.

omilr.jpg

10. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

The vaccines are experimental . But are you respected as an experimental subject ?

11. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

You seem to be suggesting that the vaccines haven't really been tested enough yet, and that "They" are using all of us as guinea pigs. I think they've all gone through rigorous experimental testing with paid subjects and volunteers, sufficient to satisfy FDA and CDC. Nobody is holding me down and injecting me.

Totally Yoda, wrat1 and MeAgain like this.
  12. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Aye never even thought twice about it. Jus get the damn things already. Believe it or not this inna about jus you.....

Totally Yoda, wrat1 and Piobaire like this.
  13. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Earlier this week I was at the pharmacy getting some medication. While there I asked about signing up for the vaccine. The girl hands me this slip of paper and says "either call this number or go online to sign up."

Okay... then I asked which vaccine they are using, and she says "We are completely booked up and not accepting new signups".

Okay... Why the fuck did you just hand me this scrap of paper?

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

1efz6j.jpg

Longstone and snowtiggernd like this.
  15. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

59% of Trump Virus transmissions come from individuals who are asymptomatic.
    The B.1.1.7 SARS-CoV-2 variant is 43% to 90% more transmissible than previous Trump Virus variants, with a 64% higher death rate. The CDC says that it is now the dominant strain in the U.S.
    If there's even the slightest possibility that I might vector a disease to my community that might seriously injure or kill them, it's incumbent upon me to take adequate precautions, and first and foremost among those is to get inoculated.

I'm all in favor of vaccine passports. If you're so selfish as to feel that it's some sacred inalienable right of yours to spread disease like Typhoid Mary, we should be able to exercise our sacred inalienable right to communal self-defense, and not allow you admittance to our schools, theaters, and restaurants, or aboard our planes, trains, and automobiles, until you can provide documentary proof that you're not a biological threat to us all.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    soulpoker likes this.
  16. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

The CDC says that the flu vaccine is between 40% and 60% effective, depending on the version of the virus that’s circulating in a given year. Yet, the flu vaccine prevented an estimated 7.5 million flu illnesses, 105,000 hospitalizations and 6,300 deaths during the 2019-2020 season.
    Pre-Trump Virus, I'd get a flu inoculation every year. If anyone ever asked why, I'd reply, "1918". Almost invariably, I'd get nothing but blank bovine stares in return.

17. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

Got my first shot waiting for my second. Got Moderna. No side effects.

You know I ain't had a cold in over a year.

Running Horse, Piobaire and wrat1 like this.
  18. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

19. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

The emergency use has been approved , and people have been inoculated with daily doses of scary media messages . The vaccines are experimental . Long-term effects are theoretical . The World Health Organization has investigated the source of the virus and cannot determine this . The virus is yet plausibly bio-engineered .

20. Escierto

Escierto Members

And the Easter Bunny exists. Elvis and JFK are both living in Argentina.

Tishomingo likes this.