Will we impeach him this time?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by newo, Sep 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

So the Democrats, following the whistleblower's lead, have accused Trump of threatening to withhold military aid to Ukraine unless the country's president, Volodymyr Zelensky, agreed to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, his son Hunter, and their business dealings there.

So will this finally bring him down, will he dodge the bullet, or will he spin it to make the Bidens look like the bad guys in all this?

2. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

"If at first you don't succeed ….."

3. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I think there're ample grounds for impeachment. Impeachment is simply bringing the charge and takes a simple majority in the House, which the Democrats have. I don't think it will go farther than that because of the Republican control of the Senate. Will that be a victory for the Democrats or a defeat? It remains for the voters to decide.

4. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

It doesn't matter whether they impeach him or not, what matters is they are pouring the pressure on so hard he is cracking like a fucking walnut in front of the entire world. You can tell how fast a ship is sinking, by how fast the rats abandon ship! They intend to make anyone who even thought about voting for the asshole think twice next time they assume a Neo-Nazi used car salesman is a good solution to their problems.

5. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

And if he's impeached and he beats it, will it still cast enough doubt on him that he fails to get re-elected, or will it vindicate him enough that he takes it again in 2020 with the help of the electoral college? I swear I can't take four more years of this crap!

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Storm in a teacup

7. wooleeheron

Americans love a winner, which is another way of saying they detest a loser, and he has made himself look like a complete loser to the entire world. If congress can't even get rid of such a flaming insane asshole, and Americans are so far out of touch with reality as to reelect him, he is the least of your problems. We are one election away from fucking civil war. Your vote no longer matters, and writing your congressmen and voting the bums out of office is not helping, nor does it take a genius to recognize they've been sold down the river by their own government.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  8. walkoflife

walkoflife Some Assembly Required Super Moderator

To be honest, Articles of Impeachment would pass in the House.

They would die in Senate because Trump's legal team will have the opportunity to depose ANY witness they wish - including Obama and Hillary, to name a couple. The Dems do NOT want subpoenas slapped on their party members, so it'll more than likely die off.

This inquiry is a power play to get the public to tip both the Presidency and the Senate back toward the Dems.

The offense they are using to initiate this inquiry is protected as part of a 1998 pact signed by Clinton that gives broad investigative powers into the potential mishaps of private citizens. (Which Biden's kid is a private citizen).

IMHO, every move Trump has made has been calculated (including this very inquiry) as part of his 2020 re-election drive. Why? Well, the more foolish you make the opposition look, the more likely you are to retain (and gain) voters.

"Old" money (think Kennedy's) controls more of what you read and hear than you think. It also has a hand in the outcomes you see before, during and after elections. And, of course, it controls what bills are passed - or die.

WritersPanic likes this.
  9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Yeah, thats what I'm wondering too.

He may not be an expert in some areas, but he sure knows how to play the media

This Ukraine one, a little too obvious

1. Its totally taken the heat off the Chinese tariffs

2. He knows he just has to get people wondering about Biden Jnr

3. If it turns into another goose chase, that will be two in a row, Mueller being the first. Then it will just look like tactics used by the Dems as the only way to win the election. That will make it way harder the third time and Trumps second term he can really do what he wants within reason

WritersPanic likes this.
  10. wooleeheron

Donald Duck is as phony as a 3 dollar bill, as is the entire republican party, which elected him against the wishes of even their own party leaders. The idea he represents anything other than the lynch mob is absurd, because all the republican party leaders are card carrying members of the KKK and the republican party could not possibly be more lily white, with Donald Duck even chasing away what few black toadies the party could buy. Only his supporters are still stupid enough to believe for one second that the country is not prepared to explode into civil war if our votes and constitution are not restored.

No more free passes to bankers and sleazy used car salesmen. No more gerrymandering our votes and shredding the constitution. Give us back our birthright or pay the price assholes. Fuck both parties, fuck every school teacher still insisting a meaningless vote and shredded constitution are worth dying for.

11. walkoflife

I'm not saying you're wrong - in fact, you are spot on with what you said!

My viewpoint was completely unbiased. I lean neither left or right. I'm just painting the picture that I see with the watercolors provided by the media and common sense.

12. walkoflife

It's definitely something to ponder, if anything else.

13. wooleeheron

Your view is insane. It doesn't matter how you vote, and you would literally be better off pulling a slot machine handle or flipping a coin. That's the problem with the country so divided today it is ready to explode. Give me back my fucking vote and constitution, or go to hell with all your fake news. I know who took my vote away, I know who keeps trashing our economy, and the silence is deafening.

14. walkoflife

I fail to see how anything I wrote constitutes (or even comes near) insanity.

We know the House has the votes to impeach. We know the Senate has the power to shoot it down.

We know the Dems aren't putting up a decent crop of candidates in 2020. They needed a Hail Mary, and this Ukranian ordeal provides just that.

The 1998 pact signed by Clinton is a statement of fact.

Trump is a businessman (albeit poor or good, I don't care) and is used to making calculated decisions knowing what outcomes are possible. This is just another one.

And yes, "old" money controls more than you think. Does not control everything, but plays a role where and when it's necessary.

BTW, nobody stole your vote. Absenteeism on polling days, or blatant disregard for registering to vote, is the only way your vote does not count.

15. What's really funny is how the press/media is all about how horrible, stupid and corrupt Trump is, and yet, he keeps walking over them and making them look like fools. Of course the only people who fail to see this are the ones who "hate" Trump, so it's a pretty good play actually. In his second term, and I have no doubt of it, he'll likely ramp things up and go after the people who went after him with a goal of utter ruin. The only choice leftists and arrogant democrats will have, is assassination.

onceburned and walkoflife like this.
  16. wooleeheron

Voting doesn't matter anymore! Donald Duck was elected against the wishes of his own party leaders, who may very well impeach him, because they were certainly willing to sell me down the fucking river! If congress doesn't knife him on the steps the Pentagon might!

17. Exactly, he's a businessman and rather accomplished. Leftists just LOVE to say "look at all his bankruptcies" while utterly ignoring all of the ventures that did not fail (proving how little they understand business or bankruptcy). The biggest mistake democrats make about him is underestimating his actions.

But that's to be expected since they are incapable of being wrong, so everyone else must take that burden from them. If they do something, and it fails miserably (like Cash for Clunkers and Fast & Furious) it simply HAD to be the fault of everyone else. How else could their brilliant plans fail?

Like you, I try to stay in the middle. But democrats are off the chain and embarrassing these days. Other than going after Trump, what do they have? "Free" shit? I used to like democrats a lot more. But they dragged their feet on too many issues (like marijuana and republican abuses of the H1B visa program). All this whining about Trump only loses what respect I had for them.

onceburned and walkoflife like this.
  18. You don't happen to know the APR on that KKK card do you? The APR on the race card is creeping up!

19. wooleeheron

Racism is a huge part of the problem, with the white race imploding so bad their own KKK congressmen are making videos begging their constituents to make babies. Libertarians are largely Fundamentalists with the worst social record in the developed world for abortion, rape, child abuse, divorce, and suicide and not throwing their own nasty crap right the fuck back in their faces is exactly why the country is now ready to explode into civil war. If whites can't control a democracy, they want to own a slave empire.

Give me back my fucking vote, then we talk real nice and polite.

20. Meliai

Meliai Banned

These cats are scared and feral
    The flag pins on their lapels
    The truth is anybody's guess
    These talking heads are saying
    "The king is only playing a game of four dimensional chess"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.