Will We Have Money In The Future?

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Jimbee68, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Nathan253

Nathan253 Newbie

It seems to me that in the next hundred years, money will not disappear anywhere. There will not be a new, more generous generation just like that unless they have to go with Moses into the wilderness for forty years. And money is now really experiencing a revolution: more and more people are switching to non-cash payment. And I think paper money will completely disappear within fifteen years. There is a cryptocurrency that preserves complete privacy. People learn to invest like well-known bloggers Dave Portnoy Net Worth & Interesting Facts - Wealthtender. I do not think that utopia is possible in our world; people are too concerned about their own benefit.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

seems like, whether you say future or past, most people don't look very much further then their parent's or children's generation.

the obsolescense of the concept of symbolic value has nothing to do with generosity or utopia, but the continued evolving of the same forces that gave rise to it,
    or as yoda would say, or was it valintine michael smith, i forget; "always in motion is the future".

it makes no sense to not look beyond the box of the familiar, unless you can't imagine anything beyond it. the world we live in today, wasn't turned on like a light switch, all sitting there fully functional and waiting to start a few hundred years ago. it came into existence over a lot of time, by the paths of many processess. none of which have magically stopped or frozen, as much as the seem to have, our individual lives being so short in their context.

next questions are things like, who is this "we" and how far "in the future" are we talking about, and even which of the many futures in which parallal universes?

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

obsolescence happens. if it doesn't happen to first to cars, cities and money, it may very well happen to the species human.