Will Trump Supporters Listen To The Warnings?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, Jan 26, 2017.

1. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

To deal with this man-child president with such a stick up his ass over the media I think all media outlets should stop referring to him by name and just use the term "the President" with no mention at all of the name Trump, anywhere.
    Then we will see exactly how much Trump actually loves the media and thrives on it.

you know, the old "ignore it and maybe it will go away" adage.
    considering the buffoon has to have his name inserted into official briefs frequently just so that he might actually read it.

said it before, will say it again, anyone who actually supports and condones this moron's behavior has something broken in their brains.

1 person likes this.
  2. psymon*

psymon* shadilay

My Kek brothers and sister will have a field day with this. This will end badly for CNN. Andrew Kaczinski use to work for buzzfeed and while working there back in 2013, the great reporter Andrew Kaczynski spread unsubstantiated misinformation about the identities of the suspected bombers at the Boston marathon..

That is not the only incident of Andrew not checking facts and publishing fake news. so what does cnn do?? Why they hire him of course!

1 person likes this.
  3. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Keep in mind that Lincoln had reporters jailed and/or deported for criticizing him. I doubt we'll see that here now.

1 person likes this.
  4. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

so are you one of those who thinks past wrongs justify current ones?
    thought you had more intellect than that.

5. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

OMG Meliai, I think you are on to something! Maybe Trump is actually a democrat under the guise of a republican, working with CNN to discredit republicans. After all, he gave lots of money to the Clinton Foundation, Harry Reid, Chuck Shumer and others before going all presidential. No WONDER the republicans hate him! And that Kaczynski (an ex republican) really isn't against Trump, he is working with CNN to get higher ratings and more revenue for himself. And I look a little deeper and found that Trump has invested in the Turner Broadcasting Company, the parent company of CNN! Lets check the NASDAQ and see how Trump's/democrat's stocks are doing.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

OMG Shaman, we are onto something really revolutionary here!!! Media conglomarates are beholden to their wealthy investors just like any other major corporation and therefore present the "news" through a tiny myopic lenses that doesn't expose how the oligarchy invested in them is actually controlling the world while simultaneously creating a division and false dichotomy between those who are most adversely affected by the bad policies put into place by said oligarchy!! Who woulda thunk it????

1 person likes this.
  7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I don't think that's what he's saying at all. I think he's implying that no matter how bad Trump's treatment of the media is, it's not as bad as it could be.

9. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Really Nox? From that one line you have me all figured out? I didn't say or imply any such thing.

I will say though that penalizing people today for "past wrongs" is just an excuse.

10. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Freakin bingo, thanks for that nice catch. I didn't realize it could be interpreted so badly. If anything I expected it might demonstrate my disdain for Lincoln.

11. 6-eyed shaman

I agree with Dick.
    Lincoln was a racist and a tyrant

12. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

no accusation, just asked for clarification.
    there are/have been many who use that illogical approach to address current bullshit by pointing at past bullshit, that you can not deny.

13. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Nox, that wasn't "asking" at all. You started with "so you are....."

That's assigning, something that also happens with great regularity around here, the instantaneous assumption about someone based on a line or two.

I live in Georgia and I'm white, so I MUST be in the KKK, right? Where does it end?

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

No one has ever said this to you though

I've seen you say several times that this is the stereotype you had of white people from the south before you moved to Georgia. I don't recall seeing anyone here project the stereotype onto you.

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The stereotype I always get when traveling in other parts of the country is, "oh you're really nice. You make eye contact. Oh, you're from South Carolina? That explains it." Lols

16. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Sorry Dick but you've misread what I posted.
    last time I checked beginning with "so ARE you......" followed by a question mark is an inquiry, not assigning anything.
    Now if I had worded it as "so you ARE...", as you mistakenly thought, then your remark would be accurate.
    go back and reread it.

17. Noserider

Why the hate for Lincoln? I know he wasn't the saint history portrays him as, but disdain? A tyrant?

He started the GOP, reformed the Union and, racist views aside, did put in end to slavery in America. Oh, and he might have been gay too.

18. 6-eyed shaman

Read the book Lincoln Unmasked.

He supported the notion of deporting all black people to Liberia to keep the west white.

19. Noserider

I didn't know it was Liberia specifically, but I did know this. Still, he didn't do it. Then again, we never saw what his second term would have been.

20. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

That's ok, you capped it with this snide remark, "thought you had more intellect than that." so the delivery was made nonetheless.