Will my piercings close up??

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by ophelia68977, Jan 3, 2005.

1. ophelia68977

ophelia68977 Member

On Friday I have to have surgery- and they told me I have to take all of my piercings out for it. The whole procedure should be 4 hours, and I have a naval and nose piercing. Will they close up? I don't want to have to repierce them, it was hard enough getting the courage to pierce them the first time...

2. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

how long have you had them

3. Elle

Elle Senior Member

I've had my nose pierced for 3 years and if I take out the ring the hole there starts to close up after about 2 hours and is closed enough by the next morning to where I cant put a ring back in and need it redone. It might differ from person to person, but there is a chance that you will need to either repierce it yourself or have it redone.

4. ophelia68977

ophelia68977 Member

I've had the naval piercing since May, and the nose piercing for over a year.

5. gertie

gertie Senior Member

the naval ring may be alright for the time you have it out, but it might be a bit touchy and sore getting it back in and afterwards. keep clean and void of affection.

6. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

they should be fine i had to take out my earings when i was the hospital for about half a day i put them in at home and they where fine

7. ophelia68977

ophelia68977 Member

In case anyone's wondering, they didn't close up. u do have to wiggle it a little more than usual to try to get it in, but it didn't close.

the surgery itself though- ughhhhh- i woke up screaming afterwards.

8. apple seed

apple seed Member

you could ask if you can but in placic rings insted of metal rings. if that would make a diff.
    love and blessings

9. marywasaperv

marywasaperv Member

what kind of surgery was it?
    i'm having a back surgery in less than 2 weeks and have a nose, a nipple, a tongue, a lip and a tragus piercing...
    i didn't think it might be a problem :/

10. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

FYI, deadonceagain, ear pirceings and body piercings are done differently. body piercings are done with a hollow needle. Ears are done with a sharp post on an earring...or a safety pin in my case.

11. marywasaperv

marywasaperv Member